Tank/Tail Bag for Skorpion Tour

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Tank/Tail Bag for Skorpion Tour

Postby calibellus » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:11 pm

I've had my tour for about three months now, and I love it, but the lack of storage is getting to me. (Really wish that the seat had some more storage underneath.)

Unfortunately I passed up an eBay sale for a Skorpion-specific tank bag a few months back. Big mistake. Anyone have any suggestions for a really good tank/tail bag that works well with the Tour's non-magnetic tank cover?
calibellus

Postby DEmark » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:52 pm

Hey guy,
I have the Skorpion specific tank bag from Motorrad, it worked real good for me, it's kind of ratty now, but if you want it I will send it to you. I parted my Skorpion out last week and have no use for it. Send me your address if you are interested.
DEmark

Postby calibellus » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:28 pm

DEmark wrote:Hey guy,
I have the Skorpion specific tank bag from Motorrad, it worked real good for me, it's kind of ratty now, but if you want it I will send it to you. I parted my Skorpion out last week and have no use for it. Send me your address if you are interested.

That's a nice offer, but I think I'm looking to buy new. I appreciate it, though!
calibellus

Postby DEmark » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:20 pm

I understand, new bike needs a new tankbag. You should be able to get the Skorpion specific bag from a dealer for around $125. The other bag I used was the RKA 16 liter expandable tankbag, see it at:

http://www.rka-luggage.com/pages/08tnkb ... w/ss3.html

It fits good, its big, disconnects from the bike in a flash, good map case, and they are well built. I used it on a couple of bikes.
DEmark

Postby calibellus » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:11 am

DEmark wrote:I understand, new bike needs a new tankbag. You should be able to get the Skorpion specific bag from a dealer for around $125. The other bag I used was the RKA 16 liter expandable tankbag, see it at:

http://www.rka-luggage.com/pages/08tnkb ... w/ss3.html

It fits good, its big, disconnects from the bike in a flash, good map case, and they are well built. I used it on a couple of bikes.

Good site! Thanks for the pointer. They're pretty close, too. I'll investigate more. Might even be fun to ride up there one day to check out the shop in person.
calibellus

Return to Wanted