XENA disk lock/alarm chirping

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

XENA disk lock/alarm chirping

Postby 125SMash » Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:36 pm

anyone have one of those?
just got mine a week ago, seems to work fine except on occasion it starts chirping regularly.
at first i thought the batteries were dieing andthis was an indication, so i replaced them, and the chriping stopped. then the other night it started again.

neither the seller and the xena makers responded, so i wondered if any one here uses the same thing and knew waht was up with it? :?
125SMash

Postby Goldie » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:45 pm

Hi,
I don't have one but maybe it's too sensitive?
If a heavy truck drives by it could start chirping. Or somebody really wanted to steal your bike ?! :(
I had an alarm device on my FZR600 and it only reacted if the position of the bike changed.....every morning when I started riding to work and didn't turn it off :roll:
Black Panther 99
KTM 400 EXC 01
Goldie

Postby 125SMash » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:04 am

Hi

the warning alarm is different and louder, (the actual siren is brain piercing). the clicking noise i'm talking about is harmless and sounds like water dripping on a pan or something similar.
it would be logical for it to be a low battery indicator, but its not mentioned in the manual.

i now wonder whethere the outside cold is affecting the battery and causing the low battery indicator to go off, does that sound plausable?
125SMash

Postby Tom » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:43 am

Hi smash,
I have one. It is a bit difficult but the thing is to place and lock the xena
that there isn't any possebility to move. Try to lock it that way that the sensor falls into a hole on the disk brake. Maybe that helps.
Tom

Postby 125SMash » Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:02 pm

i have played around with the position of it. tried at the top of the disk, and at the bottom (for supposeldy lower sensativity).
i now think that the clicking i hear is indeed battery indicator.
thing is it onlyu kciks in on the extra cold temperatures, probably when the battery is being strained.
atleast this is theonly theory that works for me so far...

do you know the sound i'm describing btw? non threatening ticking sound
(well not threatening in the terms of anyone considering it to be an alarm, it could quite easily be mistaken for a time bomb however :shock: )
125SMash

Postby Tom » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:11 am

I've got my xena approx. two years now and it still works perfect with the original set of batteries. When I put it onto the disk I can hear a high click sound or very shot beep.
When I'm not quick enough the alarm starts that everybody in the neighbourhood watches out of the window.
Tom

Postby 125SMash » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:49 am

yeah thats how the alarm arms itself.

update
after several months of me emailing xena, i finally got a responce
saying i should send it in for repairs.

doh.
guess its not feature after all :wink:
2002 MZ 125SM
125SMash

Return to Main Lobby