Long term member, new ride!

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

Long term member, new ride!

Postby davegsm82 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:36 pm

I thought I'd upload a couple of pictures of the new bike, I bought this one from ebay a couple of month ago, Its a K-reg it has 8000Km on the clock but the engine that was fitted was not the original. So it's a low milage chassis with a slightly older (I think) engine fitted. The fitted engine also had a smashed clutch cover, someone had not fitted the kickstart correctly which had in turn smashed it's way through the case.

It has the E-Start switch but there was no electric start, the fitted engine has never had it. I sourced all the parts and fitted the starter as well as wiring in a starter relay, the wire was bundled up under the seat, as well as the 2 wires from the oil pressure switch (not fitted) and the Oil level switch (not working).

So since I've had it, I've stripped and rebuilt the engine with new balance shaft, sprag, starter gear, clutch casing and a few other bits. Also fitted an oil pressure switch, which works when the engine is cold, but once warmed up it lights again so I need a lower pressure one. The oil level switch doesn't work still, I need a new one.

It's a pig to start, it kicks and splutters into life, probably knackering the sprag as it does, but I don't have the knack or leg-power to kick it (knee injury).

Overall though, I like it, it's thumpy and a little rough but has oodles of power when required. A definite change to the 301 which keeps siezing on me.

Dave.
Attachments
20131111_114341.jpg
20131111_114354.jpg
davegsm82

Return to Main Lobby