Newbie from the land of the Picts

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

Newbie from the land of the Picts

Postby dandywarhol » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:54 pm

Joined up and hope I'm not intruding as a Yamaha SZR 660 owner. There's not a lot of info out there on the SZR and some good stuff on here on the 660 motor :D

Already seen a few known faces from the Yamaha TRX forum - Sandune and Tigcraft - small world!

I'll do a bit of trawling and searching before asking inane questions so be kind! :wink:

Cheers, Alan
Whale oil beef hooked
dandywarhol

Re: Newbie from the land of the Picts

Postby tigcraft » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:58 am

Anyway Allan, forgot to mention, welcome to the techno forum!!
Follow bill jurgensons posts although he no longer goes on here, he was the guru of tuning in all aspects and regularly races the skorpions round Europe. He is such a perfectionist and fine tune engineer who actually tunes and builds harpsichords and the like hence the fine tune side of things. If you want to follow him he's on Facebook but that's not my thing btw. Cheers Eric
ETZ250, ts150, ts250, Other toys.....Trx850...Bonneville SE...Bmw f800gt bmw Rockster ...X7...GSX250KATANA ...TL1000
tigcraft

Re: Newbie from the land of the Picts

Postby dandywarhol » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:54 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I've been reading Bill's stuff. Probably easier to tune a harpsichord than these Teikei fangs 8)
I had a bit of a stutter just off idle and a flat spot on full throttle at around 3500 revs in a high gear. Did all the usual things like float level/synch etc. Then tried the Italian tune up of warming it up, removing the airbox and air vent pipe, giving it full throttle/revs then covered both intakes to suck any crap from the multitude of orifices (orrifii?).
Slight tweak to the pilot (2.5 turns, manual says 3) and it's a good 'un :D Out of interest, the primary slide is now at 4mm height before the secondary butterfly opens. Everything else is stock, including the hideous Lafranconi silencer.
Whale oil beef hooked
dandywarhol

Return to Main Lobby