1000S Questions

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

1000S Questions

Postby Greg Williams » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:01 am

We havn't had a chance to do anything other than change the oil in the bike yet but I'm curious about a few things:

- any estimate on how many of these were sold in the US? When the importer folded did the unsold inventory get shipped back to Germany?

- Are there any known mechanical issues that we should look for?

- Has anyone upgraded their suspension? The springs seem to be somewhat soft so we'll probably change them.

- Is anyone running a Power Commander? Our bike is definately a bit lean with the slipons and BMC.

Any info or advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg
Greg Williams

Re: 1000S Questions

Postby m4panther » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:24 am

Hey Greg,

I've been told that there are 36 private owners in the US. The bikes that were at dealers, stayed. as for Mechanical issues, just keep reading the forums. one issue is that the coil can get corroded if it gets wet seal it with some epoxy.

what kind of slip-on did you get? be careful not to burn a hole in your pipe if it runs too lean, I've heard a few people complain of that.

I just got a power commander haven't hooked it up yet, but have to. I modified my airbox and got sebring slip-ons. I am also changing my gearing to stop those low speed gitters.

I posted a link to download a parts list that's in english, check my pass posts.

What's a BMC?

Greg Williams wrote:We havn't had a chance to do anything other than change the oil in the bike yet but I'm curious about a few things:

- any estimate on how many of these were sold in the US? When the importer folded did the unsold inventory get shipped back to Germany?

- Are there any known mechanical issues that we should look for?

- Has anyone upgraded their suspension? The springs seem to be somewhat soft so we'll probably change them.

- Is anyone running a Power Commander? Our bike is definately a bit lean with the slipons and BMC.

Any info or advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg
If it bleeds for a week and doesnt die....Dont' trust it!
2001 Black Panther
2004 1000s
m4panther

Postby Greg Williams » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:59 am

BMC is an Italian company that makes high quality free flow air filters. Dan Prindle, who was a partner with MidAmerica when they were an MZ dealer, is working with me now. He remembers running this bike on their dyno and was pretty emphatic about it needing a PC. When we get a chance we'll mount one and map it.

We bought a lot of the assets when MidAmerica closed and luckily we found in the files the owners manual, a sales brochure, parts manual and an electronic copy of the service manual. It was a nice surprise when I found them.
Greg Williams

Postby LWS66 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:12 am

=@m
Last edited by LWS66 on Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
LWS66

Postby m4panther » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:27 am

Can you make that service manual available to us for download?

A great website for hosting files is http://www.mydatabus.com
If it bleeds for a week and doesnt die....Dont' trust it!
2001 Black Panther
2004 1000s
m4panther

Return to 1000S