front mudguard extension

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

front mudguard extension

Postby tomtom » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:30 pm

Has anyone fitted an extension to the front mudguard to keep all the road crap of the radiator and oil cooler. I see fender extender do these but do not list mz as a stock item.
tomtom

Re: front mudguard extension

Postby boilermaker » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:52 pm

tomtom
The fender extender seems to be fairly universal, it fits mine with some minor mods. A material known as insertion rubber which is used as a gasket material will also make a very good extension. You shold pre-shape and fit with (short) self tappers.
boilermaker

Postby tomtom » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:31 pm

thanks , at least if i order a fender extension I know that i can get it to fit. I just collected the bike from the dealer and within a short distance it was covered in crud. Looks good with a short mudguard but isn't really practical. My bike which is secondhand came with a rear seat hump, is it possible to get a pillion seat to replace the tail hump? Pleased as punch with the bike and love the sound of the engine, can't wait to open her up once the snow and ice melt.
Must've been mad to buy an mz everyone tells me, but when you see it in the flesh it's just so different from all the other jap bikes.
tomtom

Postby IlPrincipeBrutto » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:53 am

>> Must've been mad to buy an mz everyone tells me,

I know the feeling. It's fair to say that the bike (mine's a 1000s) generates also a fair level of curiosity and goodwill once people see it in the flesh. They just have to ask, it's just so different from anything else. I do get mildly annoyed though when they confuse it with an MV. Ok, it's alphabetically close, but how can you possibly confuse the two ?

Regarding the fender extension, I have got one on my other bike (Yamaha FZ6) and it's fixed to the fender by way of four small screws, which manage to look quite neat.

Ride Safe,
IlPrincipeBrutto

Postby cam » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:58 am

Hi tomtom - did you get around to fitting the extension? if so how does it look?
cam

Postby tomtom » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:44 pm

funny you brought the subject up. I was just thinking i must get round to fitting it. I picked up a new one on ebay for £5 for a kawasaki. It'll fit with a bit of tweaking. I'll fit it this week and post some pics.
tomtom

Postby cam » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:06 pm

Nice one - I look forward to all the gory :-D details
cam

Return to 1000S