Equivalent replacement oil filters.

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Equivalent replacement oil filters.

Postby peaster » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:24 am

Does anyone out there know of a direct equivalent oil filter for the 1000 SF ?
I have heard somewhere that the K & N 1002 is such an item - same as for a Lexus.
Has anyone any experience with other brands such as HiFlo, Fram or Valvoline ?
(The Fram Lexus filter is # PH3614, and Valvoline # VO22)

Down here in New Zealand MZ dealers dont really exist. I jus bought a 1000 SF from an importer.
I need to put a new filter and oil in for the 10,000 km service, and bits are not excactly "off the shelf".
Fantastic bike and everything I wanted in a machine. If it was from Nippon there would be thousands on the road.
peaster

Re: Equivalent replacement oil filters.

Postby tuxracer » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Hi peaster,

The ones I've been getting from the UK spares Importer are HiFlo HF163 which seem to be a BMW filter. The UK importer is realy helpfull and I believe they will ship to most destinations, so might be worth getting in touch with them if you need parts. Here is there website http://www.grahamsmotorcycles.com/index.htm

They can get most parts from Germany in about a week if they dont have them, which is handy as the nearest dealer is about 200 miles away from me!

As for the bike, I love my SF as well and said exactly the same as you when I got it. Stick Jap badge on them and they would have sold loads. Sadly that will never happen but I kinda like having the only one for miles.

Hope this helps
tuxracer

Postby peaster » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:45 pm

Cheers. Many thanks for that. I can source HiFlo filters here off the shelf, so looks like should be no problem.
The only other major concern is looking at the bucket tappets at 20,000 km, because they are very specific to the bike.
Looks like Grahams in the UK might be the best source.

Time to do my oil and filter then.....

Peaster
peaster

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:05 am

bucket tappets bet there out of some vw car or something made in germany
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby peaster » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:34 am

Not a bad thought. The tappet dimensions are in the workshop and spare parts manual. I think a bit of net research might be useful. For example if you cant find an MZ dealer for the Bosch FR6DTC spark plugs, they are the same as used in the BMW R 850, 1100 and 1150, or for that matter the same as a Fiat Uno Turbo and some Volvos, etc etc etc. If anyone else out there is interested keep an eye on this thread.

Cheers,
peaster.
peaster

Return to 1000S