MZ1000 - LARace Team Update

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

MZ1000 - LARace Team Update

Postby cdfisher » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:07 pm

LARace is in third place in the Heavy Superbike Class for the WERA National Endurance Series. Third place out of seventeen teams (many of them veterans of the series) is a remarkable achievement for the first year team. For the series, they are 25th overall out of 77 teams and have steadily climbed the series ladder rung by rung after the first race where they finished 38th.

Members should stay tuned for some exciting stories and action shots of the team as MidAmerica PowerSports Plus attends the Grattan race coming up. I urge all of you MZophiles out there around the US to attend as many races as you can in your neck of the woods.

Here is the remaining schedule…

7/16 Grattan Raceway - 6 Hour
8/6 Summit Point Raceway - 6 Hour
8/20 Talladega Gran Prix Raceway - 4 Hour
9/10 Nelson Ledges Road Course - 6 Hour
9/24 Barber Motorsports Park - 4 Hour
10/14 Grand National Finals - 4 Hour

I have some racing shots on our web site in the introductory flash piece that comes up first (but for those who are low bandwidth, sorry, you will have to wait for our forum to get on-line) and there are many more to come. I will have interviews with the team and we will do everything possible to get the information you crave out there as soon as possible!

Thank you for your support.
Curtis Fisher
President
MidAmerica PowerSports Plus
http://www.mapsp.com
cdfisher
MZ Dealer

Postby John Casimir » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:51 pm

Curtis,

Thanks for the update, and thanks for your support of the race team!

I talked with members of the team yesterday, they were so excited to be doing so well in the series, and they mentioned your shop's support several times and said they were really grateful.

Cheers to you!
John Casimir

Return to 1000S