Baghira exhaust: Where are we?

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Baghira exhaust: Where are we?

Postby JRMAG » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:39 pm

So, I seek to explore what the aftermarket exhaust option are. The definites are M4 and BSM. The very nice looking others that I have been looking into via a search on the topic within mzriders.com are the Supertrapp(and I did email Supertrapp asking what might be the dealie with availability), the Sebring Holeshot and the Figaroli. Does anyone know for sure as to the availability, and where to buy, for the not-so-definte systems? My problem with going M4, which would be easiest to obtain here in the US, is simply the look. The Supertrapp and that Holeshot look much more tidy. Thanks.
JRMAG

Postby MZ´ler » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:53 pm

lokk at this Site:
http://www.mz-baghira.de/seiten/auspuffgalerie/auspuffgalerie_frame.htm

of the left site you find many Exhaust´s with soundcheck.
I have the figaroli, they is a very good Exhaust, with the best sound because the BSM vampire is little more better
verhiezt die Reifen, Aber nicht eure Seele!!!
MZ´ler

Postby F0ul_Oli » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:17 pm

You don t need to worry too much about the exhaust itself - just make sure you can get a link pipe from the cylinder.

Ebay was my friend here, but I understand the link pipe can be got from several places. once you have it, the back box can be anything you fancy - mine should be on a Bandit!!

F0ul Oli
I will only run out of ways of modify the Baggy when it weighs less that 100 kg and runs 100 bhp at the back wheel!!

http://www.businessandit.co.uk - putting the IT in Profit!
F0ul_Oli

Postby bigzed » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:14 am

I am running a scorpion race can on my baggy which is quite quiet and we've just fitted a carbon can company road legal can to the wifes mastiff and that is LOUD, it sounds like a ww2 fighter plane 8)

ps,must say the carbon can co were ace,ordered approx 11am tuesday and delivered wednesday around the same time £190 odd including link pipe :)

Cheers
Gaz
bigzed

Postby whysub01 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:26 am

Have the Carbon Can Co twin outlet oval can on my Baggi-suppossedly road legal (it is stamped up as such), but does sound quite loud. Fantastic through the Lime House Link tunnels in London though!

Build quality excellent, and when I mentioned to them at the NEC show that it had sheared the hanging bracket, one was given to me, complete with the rubber, free of charge.

Now, if only I could find a good looking and sounding can for my Sport!!
Becoming A Track Day Addict. Baggi Well On The Way To Completion. Well, One DAy Closer................
whysub01

Postby JRMAG » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:55 am

Thanks and I'll do a Carbon Can Co. search. Honestly, I'd prefer to do business on this side of the Atlantic, but if something is looking positive, I guess there is no reason to believe a transaction is vulnerable to problems US customer, UK supplier.
So, US MZ'ers, any leads for me? Too bad companies such as FMF or White Bros aren't doing their products for the Baghira. I love the look of the modern 4 stroke off road exhaust.
JRMAG

Postby old paul » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:41 am

JR, you might look at http://www.perrysmotorcycles.com (poor website, but you can pick up the phone number).
I recently bought a Mastiff from Perry with about a 1,000 miles on it. The M4 was on it, but had Perry take it off and put back on the stock, as it was too loud for me. So, I know he has a very little used M4 on his shelf, and may be interested in shedding it.
Motorcycling used to be my second favorite thing, but now that I've become an old man, it's moved up a notch.
old paul

Postby Randew2U » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:11 am

The tunable Supertrapp cans are very popular with the big KTM enthusiasts. I've seen one picture of one on a baggy. I have heard that they are somewhat heavy, but I'd like to get a front pipe and set one up, they are pretty small compared to the M4 and BMP.
Randew2U

Postby phlat65 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:27 pm

both of my systems are hand fabricated by me.

dual 748 cans, VERY quiet, flow very good. $100.00

Carbon Fast By Feracci can on hand made link pipe. VERY loud, no more power than duc cans... free
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Postby Randew2U » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:07 am

Hey Old Paul. I called Perrys about the M4 and am picked it up. Thanks for the pointer.
Randew2U

Postby JRMAG » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:30 am

Mr. Randu,

Congrats on the M4. When you head west to the Utica area, let me know so that I can check it out! Do you know North Country Cycles is your MZ dealer here in town? Brad is also a MG, 'Priller, Gas-Gas dealer. Oh, what finish is the M4? Stainless? CF? Ti? I'm going to hold off until I find something that hangs more tidy than the M4.

Richard
ps
That is my Baghira in the classifieds located Central NY.

To Phlat:
What exactly do you mean with the FBF? I'm confused on your use of the word 'free.'
JRMAG

chuckle

Postby hulagun » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:18 am

the search engine on this site sucks.

I'm always surprised when new members post looking for what exhaust to use... there have been extensive threads with good photos on this subject. I know, I authored one.... just search under "baghira exhaust" or try "baghira accessories". they must be experiencing the same frustration with the search engine that I am.

Good example... try to find 660 specific "oil change" instructions... should easy to find using a regular search. you'll get to read all about 125 oil filters, snapped oil bolts and Amsoil first tho. sighhhh. :cry:

unless I'm searching wrong...
2001 MZ Black Panther
1978 Ducati 900SS cafe racer
1972 Triumph 500 flat track racer
1969 Triumph Bonneville 650
1967 Motobi 125 Imperiale Sport
1966 Honda CB160 F160 racer
1954 MV Agusta CSS175 Disco Volante
hulagun

Re: chuckle

Postby F0ul_Oli » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:35 pm

hulagun wrote:the search engine on this site sucks.

I'm always surprised when new members post looking for what exhaust to use... there have been extensive threads with good photos on this subject. I know, I authored one.... just search under "baghira exhaust" or try "baghira accessories". they must be experiencing the same frustration with the search engine that I am.

Good example... try to find 660 specific "oil change" instructions... should easy to find using a regular search. you'll get to read all about 125 oil filters, snapped oil bolts and Amsoil first tho. sighhhh. :cry:

unless I'm searching wrong...

I taped in ´660 oil change´ and changed the search to ´contains all´ found 6 refrences, including your post!

Search seems to work ok!

F0ul Oli
I will only run out of ways of modify the Baggy when it weighs less that 100 kg and runs 100 bhp at the back wheel!!

http://www.businessandit.co.uk - putting the IT in Profit!
F0ul_Oli

Postby phlat65 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:02 pm

JRMAG wrote:Mr. Randu,

To Phlat:
What exactly do you mean with the FBF? I'm confused on your use of the word 'free.'

my local dealer had some demo cans hanging on the wall, he gave me one in trade for welding a pipe for him. it is sweet, full carbon, and I tucked it up really high...
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Return to 660 cc