Hey Friends PLEASE READ it'll make your life better

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Hey Friends PLEASE READ it'll make your life better

Postby silby32 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:50 pm

So I am sad, very sad. Two days ago a stupid 19 year old girl made me her second victim. She decided to make a left turn infront of me while i was driving straight, destroying my Right Knee, Right Shoulder, Pinky Finger, Ankle, and my boys. Not to mention damage to my Baggy that just makes me cry. I love riding my MZ more than anything and just writing this to you guys is making me cry. I have to give up my bike to pay bills and protect my life from future morons. So please you guys do the following things so you don't end up like me.

1.) Get Health Insurance, Decent health insurance. Because people are idiots.

2.) Get uninsured motorist insurance on your bike. It's cheap and it'll save your ass when irresponsible poor bitches break the law and crash into you.

3.) Know that everyone is out there to hit you.

You guys have been so nice and kind to me, thanks for everything. Sigh
silby32

Postby jbthumper » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:10 am

Sorry to hear that... :( hope you'll recover soon.

Got quite a few of those morons here too, plus
some "too fast,too frustrated" drivers too(too fast, too furious wanabies)

And thanks for those advices! :-)
:smt033
jbthumper

Postby Randew2U » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:02 am

I'm sorry to hear of your pain and suffering. I hope for your steadfast recovery. I am always worried and defensive when driving. I'll look into the extra insurance, its been bothering me. I had a bike on the road back in 1986, sold it and then bought an 04 BP last year. I immediately noticed the stark contrast in the "me first" attitude of drivers. I was asking myself, why did I get a bike if I'm going to be so edgy riding it. A few things I have learned in the two seasons i've been back on the road with a bike:

I took the weekend long motorcycle safety foundation safety course, picked up some good pointers and gauged my inability. It also served as my road test so I got my license.

Many mothers with kids in their SUV and minivans are hesitant to yield your right of way. Some of them have the "you wait for me to pull out Mr biker, i've got 2 kids to handle" attitude chip. The empowerment of the SUVs and minivans can be dangerous.

BEWARE of traffic areas near colleges and schools. These areas are high concentrations of inexperienced young drivers!!! Think about it, 17 to 21 year olds with newly found independence. On day 2 of riding my new motorcycle, I watched a guy blast by me half in my lane as I turned off.

Cell phone drivers forget about nearby motorcycles in between words.
Randew2U

Postby skyfroggy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:12 am

:cry:

Sorry to hear it, man. Heal quickly.

To better finance your medical expenses, have you pondered selling the parts that are still operable from the MZ? Post up what you have here...perhaps you'll be surprised at the response. :wink:

Good luck to you regardless. :-)
skyfroggy

Postby DEmark » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:12 pm

To better finance your medical expenses, have you pondered sueing the driver for damages? I would.
DEmark

dropped

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:53 pm

sue did you ever get any blood out of a turnip :-D

had a girl cut the corner on me about 3 weeks ago and i dropped the bike getting out of her way i was stopped at a corner and just let it fall to the right and dove off ...she was so far on my side that she ran over the front tire but not the rim and the saddle bag and handle bar were on the sidewalk bent front brake lever
she was at least 8 feet or more in my lane and a guy almost did the same
about a week ago same corner
a friends 17 year old son said what they are teaching in drivers ed stunk
not worth a damn but a required class
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby phlat65 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:22 pm

very sorry to hear this. I fear other drivers every time I ride.

I ride VERY defensive, one finger on the brake lever at all times.

I mounted dual 35w lights in place of the front turn signals, and moved the signals to the hand guards. the lights are adjusted for others to see me, not for me to see the road.

I do carry full coverage insurance, it seems cheap in comparison.

I hope you heal up, and get back on soon.

BTW, what is broke on the Baggy? maybe we can help...
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Postby silby32 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:41 am

thanks guys you all have been so nice.

First, I am planing on suing her, however she doesn't have any money or insurance so its going to be difficult to get any money from her.

From what I can see the foot break is broken off, Front rim, fork, and rim are all broken. Also both mirrors are broken bent and the handle bars are bent as well. all the switches and handles and leavers are turned inside and broken. Hmm, The bike also starts right up, but it wont shift at all. THANKS, you guys are amazing. I hope you all have a great thanksgiving and ride safe.

Josh
silby32

Postby keithcross » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:36 pm

Well she has a car you can claim something. Also in the UK if this happened the young lady concerned would be paying off teh debt for teh rest of her life if needed. Thats I have always had insrurance and think people who dont must have a screw loose.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby jbthumper » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:00 pm

keith has a point, -she drives.
:smt033
jbthumper

Postby phlat65 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:06 pm

well, I have mirrors, bars, and some of the front support stuff. they are yours if you need them.

the forks are the same as early 90's KTM's, can be had cheap on e-bay.

take her to court. you will win. she won't be able to buy anything on credit of you do it right, she will have to pay you in the end. get a lean on her car ect....
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Postby DEmark » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:19 am

Is the front hub broke? I think I got an extra one off an xt600 in the garage...
DEmark

Postby JRMAG » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:05 pm

Silby, if Ducati superbike parts will work for repairs, let me know and I'll go through the spares. Ha! I know it is not feasable, but if so, I'd help ya out. Good luck on the recovery. Try not to be too down, unfortunately there is truth to the saying of 'life sometimes is not fair.'
Best wishes man.
JRMAG

Postby alex1206 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:48 am

hi
so she was driving without insurance? were the cops called to the scene of accident/CRIME?
you should sue, i doubt she has claimed to be dependent from parents, shouldn't parents be responsible??
alex1206

Return to 660 cc