UK price of Baghira/BP/SM right tank cover, front mudguard ?

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

UK price of Baghira/BP/SM right tank cover, front mudguard ?

Postby cat » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:27 pm

Please would someone in the UK get me the prices of Baghira/BP/SM right tank cover and front mudguard, or point me to a dealer (online or fax) ?

(I know they're expensive, I just want to know how much.)
cat

Postby keithcross » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:18 pm

Not sure how much but try BSA Regal in Southampton. They have a web page and acept all major credit cards. They are also OK with sending parts abroad.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby cat » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:10 pm

keithcross wrote:Not sure how much but try BSA Regal in Southampton. They have a web page and acept all major credit cards. They are also OK with sending parts abroad.
Keith

Thanks, Keith. I found this:
http://www.mzriders.com/viewtopic.php?t=493
and this:
http://www.mzriders.com/viewtopic.php?t=294
...soon after I posted. :oops:

So... I can buy this 2003 (6700km) with home-made panels mixed with what looks like the unpainted black, with the left tank panel and mount bar available (the attached picture), or a new yellow one for 49% more or new silver one for 51% more. If I get the used one I'll probably want to buy the panels ... cost would depend on the colour, or the unpainted black and get them painted - preferably like this grey one: ...shipping costs...[thinking aloud here]...the painted ones are not going to be more expensive than getting a good paint job done. So... hmmm.. :?
Attachments
MZ Baghira (mz-baghira_de MotoZulu).jpg
MZ Baghira (mz-baghira_de MotoZulu).jpg (354.29 KiB) Viewed 5148 times
MZ Baghira 660 SM (mz-baghira_de Peter 4).jpg
MZ Baghira 660 SM (mz-baghira_de Peter 4).jpg (142.97 KiB) Viewed 5148 times
cat

Postby keithcross » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:54 pm

I quite like the look of the panels on the first picture, kinda like the effect that I want. Just wont cut down my original panels until I get spare ones.

Keith
keithcross

Postby cat » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:59 pm

keithcross wrote:I quite like the look of the panels on the first picture, kinda like the effect that I want. Just wont cut down my original panels until I get spare ones.
Keith

No. You can see in the photo - the front edge - they're not cut down, they're specially made. You'd need to make a mold from yours, and reshape the mold to get the front edge the way you want. But I don't know much about it. You could probably use surfboard type foam/mold stuff to take a mold from your stock ones, with silicone spray to stop it sticking.
cat

Postby keithcross » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:10 pm

I might be tempted to try that, might just work. You rpiture was usefull as it shows how to get the front bottom mount.

Keith
keithcross

Postby Fil » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:25 am

I like the look of those modified rad panels in the top picture! It would be perfect if the panels could be extended to cover the bottom part of the radiators.
I've just cut down my rad panels so I could get rid of the tubular frame on the front of the bike. Looks much better, but I need to attach the panels to the rads to stop them flapping about
Fil

Postby cat » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:11 pm

Fil wrote:I like the look of those modified rad panels in the top picture! It would be perfect if the panels could be extended to cover the bottom part of the radiators.
I've just cut down my rad panels so I could get rid of the tubular frame on the front of the bike. Looks much better, but I need to attach the panels to the rads to stop them flapping about

that bike looks much better in the photo than it does now in the flesh. the RH panel is now black and is flapping, it doesn't stay over the tank lumps.

i'm going to look at a new one (i don't know what year) on Saturday, imported by the same guy. it's at a dealer down the coast, or i'd have seen it by now. just need to confirm that it is new.

the 'tubular frame' you removed - the bar by the headlight? it's not ..a fixed part of the frame, surely not? i mean did you have to cut it off or can it be unbolted?
cat

Postby phlat65 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:25 pm

I just cut the upper loop tube off of the shroud support, and moved the black plastic cap to the cut end. that way the shrouds have something to attach to, and they don't flap around!
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Postby Fil » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:03 pm

cat wrote:The 'tubular frame' you removed - the bar by the headlight? it's not ..a fixed part of the frame, surely not? i mean did you have to cut it off or can it be unbolted?

You can just unbolt the weird framework that goes from the down tube (just infront of the radiators on each side) to the bar just above the headlights (I have a Mastiff, not a Baggy). The upper part of the radiator shroud has two screws that attach to this framework. The only thing I had to 'cut' were the plastic panels themselves.
Fil

Postby cat » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:21 pm

Fil wrote:
cat wrote:The 'tubular frame' you removed - the bar by the headlight? it's not ..a fixed part of the frame, surely not? i mean did you have to cut it off or can it be unbolted?

You can just unbolt the weird framework that goes from the down tube (just infront of the radiators on each side) to the bar just above the headlights (I have a Mastiff, not a Baggy). The upper part of the radiator shroud has two screws that attach to this framework. The only thing I had to 'cut' were the plastic panels themselves.

Maybe the Mastiff is different. I was told the 2 little covers in the Baghira tank panels/shrouds that are not removable are left-overs from the Mastiff, that it had 2 odd bars coming through there. (ASnd they never changed the molds.)

I had a close look yesterday, and I can make more sense (although not quite 100%) of phlat's description. The ends of the 'bull bar' are what the shrouds mount to. Then there are 2 little pieces of flat steel that connect those tubes to the other, parallel tubes coming from the downtube.

I'm a bit concerned about it all. (The weight and the possibilities for lightening the bike.) It seems like it might be better to just leave it, accept it. There's not much point in replacing the speedo and speedo cable with a cycle speedo, that sort of thing, when you're pretty much stuck with these bars. I'd prefer not to cut off parts of the frame.

I need to find out more about how to replace the tail light with one tucked under the mudguard, and take off the black plastic 'dual sport' part. There just needs to be some way to attach a tail light under the mudguard and leave the frame tube loop for attaching the licence plate.

Now that I've examined the bike closely, I can see why it's so heavy. They obviously paid no attention to weight whatsover. They just built it like a tank. I couldn't get over the exhaust silencer and the heatshield on it; I just kept looking at it in amazement.
cat

Postby Fil » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:29 pm

There's no need to cut anything off the frame!! It just unbolts :wink:
On the Mastiff the clocks are supported by another vertical metal tube that comes up from the bar that the front indicators attach to. I would imagine the Baggy is similar.
Fil

Postby keithcross » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:51 pm

Fil

On my Baggi the frame that supports the tank panels is a 2 piece unit. Left hand and right hand, bolted in the middle. The bit that supports the tank panels is welded to the bar that goes on to support the frame work for the speedo and headlight assembly. To support the tank and get rid of the bars that carries on requires the tubes to be cut.

Keith
keithcross

Postby cat » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:52 am

keithcross wrote:Fil

On my Baggi the frame that supports the tank panels is a 2 piece unit. Left hand and right hand, bolted in the middle. The bit that supports the tank panels is welded to the bar that goes on to support the frame work for the speedo and headlight assembly. To support the tank and get rid of the bars that carries on requires the tubes to be cut.

Keith

Yes. Unfortunately (if I remember correctly) it's the upper piece (that goes to the front) that the panels are screwed to. So you can't just cut the flat connecting pieces, you have to leave a bit of the front tube for the panels. Otherwise it would be easy to re-attach by the little flat pieces and a bit of matt black - if you wanted to put it back for resale.
cat

Postby Fil » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:16 pm

Ahh, I think I see what you're getting at...
I don't have that problem as I've cut down my radiator panels, so the piece of plastic that the 2 screws attach to the framework are in the bin :-D . That's why I was able to remove the frame without cutting anything!
I plan to use a small threaded rod to go between one of the holes in the radiator frame on each side to give me one extra mounting point for the cut down radiator shrouds. At present they are only attached by the screw on the tank, the bit where they are sandwiched between the seat and the tank, and that funny bit of hook & loop on the top of the tank...
Fil

Return to 660 cc