Skorpian oil change & lube tips please.

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Skorpian oil change & lube tips please.

Postby Freshy » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:23 pm

Hi everyone. This may be a stupid question, but I am new to owning my Skorpian, and I want to make sure I don't screw her up. I have put about 500 miles on her since buying her used with about 3600 miles on the odometer. I am going to get the oil changed but I wasn't sure what type of shop I should take it too. I guess I was wondering if pretty much every motorcycle shop would be familiar with basic maintenance for MZ's or if I should focus on a shop that handles Yamaha engines(since it is manufactured by Yamaha?) I don't want to call a shop and for them to say "bring it in" and not know what they are doing.;-)
I looked at the NA MZ site and saw the list of authorized MZ dealers in my area of Central FLA and thought that might be a good place to start. What do you all think.

Also, what is everyone using for chain lube. I saw a good review for Dupont performance lubricant teflon, anyone tried that. What do you recommend?
1996 Skorpian Tour
Freshy

oil change

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:19 am

the oil filter is kn-145 from k&n here is link that shows a bunch of
yamaha filters as a cross ref..
http://www.knfilters.com/search/kn_cros ... ?kn=KN-145
oil change should be simular to 660 raptor 4 wheeler
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Return to 660 cc