Baghira's home, first ride complete!!!

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Baghira's home, first ride complete!!!

Postby e » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:31 pm

She's home!!!

Mike and company were awesome at MPH. Totally friendly. Nice folks. I think I got an awesome deall. New 2003 Baghira, 27 miles, $5200 plus tax and title. Everything went smooth.

When I got her home, I promptly killed the battery by trying to start her with the fuel petcock set to "off" :roll: :lol: :lol:

Hooked up my trusty Civic, to get the power flowing again, eventually remembered from my newbie MSF class about the sequence for starting/stopping carbuerated bikes. Guess what? Turned the fuel petcock in the right direction, and she fired up the first time...kinda extra loud...like she was telling me "you dum bass" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rode from Uptown/Oaklawn area of Dallas up to Coppel, taking the backstreets.

First impression? She's perfect. Has plenty of oomph for the freeway, corners like a scalded cat, and former nuiscances like potholes, train tracks and road irregularities are irrelevent now!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It's the complete opposite bike from the 800 pound gorilla: my vtx1800.
Great contrast. I'm so enthused, I'm going to my next VTX ride on the Baghira! (those guys are gonna freak)

ah well. Thanks to everyone for comments, suggestions, replys, etc.

My immediate plans are to continue losing weight (I'm the phat arse in the picture. The skinny guy is Mike of MPH) so that I can enter levels of hooliganism that are normally unobtainable to fat, 36 year, office workers!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

e
e

Postby phlat65 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:43 pm

sweet!!!! sounds like you are having fun!

I have put 14,000 miles on mine now, and enjoy every ride :-D
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Postby skyfroggy » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:34 am

That's great, e!

Enjoy your new ride...I know I'm having fun with mine. :D

Check your PM's...I have a request. :wink:
skyfroggy

Postby Scheffi » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:16 pm

Congratulation! You won't regret the deal! My Baghira (33000 km) runs like new. Enjoy it!

btw: I envy you the warm weather. :wink:
Scheffi

Re: Baghira's home, first ride complete!!!

Postby cat » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:23 am

e wrote:She's home!!!

Mike and company were awesome at MPH. Totally friendly. Nice folks. I think I got an awesome deall. New 2003 Baghira, 27 miles, $5200 plus tax and title. Everything went smooth.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

e

:lol: :lol: that's great. you got an awesome deal. mine is going to cost me about twice that - although it's hard to compare with the exchange rates. but it's 92% of the price of a DRZ400SM and 71% of the price of a Husqvarna SM610.

please post photos if you do anything to it - or any ride photos. :-)

the battery - it's better to have a sealed battery and apparently the OEM batteries are crap anyway.
cat

Postby phlat65 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:16 pm

yes, my OE battery dumped acid down my shock....
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Postby g.w.forrest » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:02 am

lucky devil.have fun,i know it can't be helped,just keep the rubber on da road. :lol: :twisted:
[gazza,muz skorpion traveller owner,cagiva x tra raptor,& ducati 500 gtl.luv me muz !
g.w.forrest

Postby whysub01 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:35 am

If you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine, it is worth every penny. The trade off between being a little heavier and slower than others is well made up for by the fantastic reliability. All you need is 2,000 mile oil and filter changes, and change the end can for better off the throttle response and noise. And these motors run on forever (my spare engine has done 78,000 miles, and no wear was apparent when it was stripped for a tune).

And it is easier to lose weight and gain power on the Baggi than it is to increase the reliability of a Husky, 'Berg, KTM. etc. Plus you will be out riding whilst owners of others are tediously twirling spanners (unlkess that's your thing). :-D :-D
Becoming A Track Day Addict. Baggi Well On The Way To Completion. Well, One DAy Closer................
whysub01

Return to 660 cc