Baghira Black Panther - possible to mount KTM fork?

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Baghira Black Panther - possible to mount KTM fork?

Postby roeleman » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:10 am

Hello,

I can buy a 50mm WP-Extreme from a KTM 620 SX for a reasonable price, complete with T-piece and all. My marzocchi magnum 45 is in terrible shape, Marzocchi did a bad chrome job on these (both my baghira's have the same problem...). So in my quest to find a marzocchi in good shape I stumbled on a WP Extreme 50mm (the seller thought it was a Marzocchi magnum 45).
According me, all the lower parts should fir, I only need another caliper bracket. But according me the T-piece will not fit. If a measure the bearings of the Baghira, it has a inner diameter of 25mm and outer diameter of 52mm. But the info I find about the KTM is that the axle of the T-piece is 29mm (the fork I found is still mounted in the motorcycle). A tapered bearing with inner diameter 29mm and outer diameter of 52mm doesn't seem to exist or I don't find one.

A option should be to mill the holes in my T-piece to 50mm, or turn the axle of the T-piece to 28mm. But both options don't look very safe to me.

So my question is, did somebody already fit a KTM fork in a MZ Baghira/Mastiff?
roeleman

Return to 660 cc