help! wtf -- tubes for SM

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

help! wtf -- tubes for SM

Postby cat » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:35 am

:x

The dealer had a bunch of tubes and the first thing was I discovered that I should have done the conversion because they all had those big numbers instead of 160/60 17. So I asked them,...the dealer guy says ooh,ooh you're going to have a problem ...and wants to order one size smaller (!), shows me the catalog - that they don't go to that [wide] size, and eventually says i should quickly go to the Harley shop. ! (Which I'm not doing today because it's at a huge shopping mall and it would be hell. and it's BOILing hot.

So. What do you all do? Who makes tubes this size? After all, they come with Pirellis. ...Now I'll search. Then I'm going out to buy a little cheapo compressor/pump and a puncture fix kit.
cat

Postby keithcross » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:00 am

Most manufactures of inner tube make them to cover a range of sizes. The ones I use cover 130-160 x 17 (michelen). If you can try to get heavy duty tubes.
Try going to a Moto cross shop and asking there, they could be more helpful.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby phlat65 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:08 pm

most moto shops should have them. I don't remember the exact sive, but the 130-160 sounds right. don't bother with heavy duty unless you are off roading, they weigh a lot more.....
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Return to 660 cc