calling MZ'ler ...your exhaust

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Postby Bagwan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:41 pm

I think the Vampire looks the Dogs-it's a perfect fit if you take your time. E or BASU marks don't matter anymore -" testers discretion" as to the aural quality of your pipe. NOT FOR ROAD USE is a no no~so if you don't want to get the fine grinding paste out blob silicon on the offending area. If they carn't see it they carn't fail it
Dai Bagwan
The older i get the faster i was
Bagwan

Postby keithcross » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:52 pm

Bagwan, you are right for the test, but not for a policeman, its still a requirement and can get you a ticket if your pipe isnt marked.
BTW in pictures I cant see the diffeence in looks between the Vampire and Future.
For further information see
http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/silencer.html
This actually says that the Vampire system is not legal for road use in the UK.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby CM » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:34 am

So take the FUTURE EXTREME....same construction like a vampire but with an e-number ;)
CM

Postby keithcross » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:09 pm

Sounds like a better pipe, but I have never seen it for sale in the UK. I may look when the future needs replacing or when I get some spare cash :)

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby Bagwan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:37 pm

My Vampire came with a free db killer which brought it well within the law,- shame it went AWOL when i moved a couple of years back. I've never had a pull on the Baggie though i do ride in the higher gears around pets and old people!! :twisted:
Dai Bagwan
The older i get the faster i was
Bagwan

Postby cat » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:59 am

CM wrote:So take the FUTURE EXTREME....same construction like a vampire but with an e-number ;)

What about the GPR?
(In that video it sounds good!)

>> Mikuni TM34B65 carb,
>> GPR Exhaust,
>> Tuning Manifolds

ok, so how does it go? :-D
1 carb or 2?
What is "tuning manifolds"? Like the tunebike.de Powerheaders?
cat

Postby cat » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:05 pm

Dyno peak HP readings not useful unless compared to before exhaust change. Dynos vary. And peak power without checking the curve ...I don't want 1 or 2 more HP if it puts a dip in the midrange or something, or the bottom.
cat

Postby CM » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:37 pm

A soundfile of my GPR in this forum? Where? That "thing" at the beginning of the thread is an Figaroli.....is too fat for the baghi....I don´t like him as much as my GPR.......he sounds better *lol*

Here is a little video of my GPR ;) http://hecky.0x539.cc/HPIM1659.MPG

With tuning manifolds I mean thicker manifolds....they´re some millimeter thicker than the original one´s and haven´t this ugly curve.....in german they were called "Leistungskrümmer".

The Mikuni TM34B65 is an double flat slide carb ;)

How does it work.....hm.....I´m still 17 and I can drive the Baghi when I´m 18...... :(

But I had driven her 2 or 4 times.....and she runs much better than the skorpion, accelerate better, makes even in the 2nd gear little wheelies (hey, I´m still practising 8) :P ) and starts better if she´s cold. You feel it that the carb changes a lot of the performance.....if you want to tune your baghi, change the carb at first...after that 680ccm and so on *lol* :twisted:
CM

Postby cat » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 am

> A soundfile of my GPR in this forum? Where?

No, I don't know where I got them. There are 2 - videos. It looks like they were done in Germany.......... yes, it says gpr-racing.de He is riding down a country road. It sounds very good and it seems their construction is very good, they can make ss exhausts that are lighter than aluminium,...but I want an exhaust that fits under the sidecover like the original.

> That "thing" at the beginning of the thread is an Figaroli.....is
> too fat for the baghi....I don´t like him as much as my
> GPR.......he sounds better *lol*

The fat / big diameter can, you think it is not so good for this engine?

ok, so Figaroli is out.

> Here is a little video of my GPR ;)
> http://hecky.0x539.cc/HPIM1659.MPG

Thank you! File blocked at work, I must get someone to dl and email to me. :evil:

> With tuning manifolds I mean thicker manifolds....they´re
> some millimeter thicker than the original one´s

:!: Why? ...I can only think it is better for the ..heat effect.. hmmm

Where did you get them? I see the tunebike.de Powerheaders fit better, not the ugly curve out around the frame.

> The Mikuni TM34B65 is an double flat slide carb ;)

...and the connection, the manifold? Please take photos. :D

> makes even in the 2nd gear little wheelies

I want that. :-D
cat

Postby CM » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:04 am

At first, I had very very much luck with my Baghi because the f*cking expensive carb, GPR Exhaust and the Manifolds were mount by the first owner.....the bike stands more than she (yes, a girl had driven the high baghi!?) moved her.

Ähm, die volume of the exhaust is to a certain level important but you don´t loose any horses with the GPR...and I mean, he looks better at the Baghi because he is a little bit smaller than die figa :P

Jep, the exhaust gas gets faster out of the engine with thicker manifolds....or it should be that way :P The Tunebike ones are the same like mine ;)

The carb works very well und I guess that the manifolds compared with the Mikuni are an ideal solution....if more gas get into the engine, more wants to get out :P

But if you want to get much more power edit the head+buy flat slide and the other stuff ;)

I´m searching some pics of the carb and manifolds...maybe afterwards I put them into the forum ;)
CM

Postby cat » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:13 am

check this:
http://www.moto-lab.com/gallery_index-r ... itemid=109
dyno LC4 640 with these mods:
closely fitted valve guides, valve job, valve springs upgraded & shimmed, mild port clean up, compression reduced, piston lightened & surface area reduced, wrist pin lightened, specially fitted rings, adapted Remus "Freeride" two-muffler exhaust system, inside of exhaust system ported, carburetor modified, airbox lid & snorkel removed and tuning (at 100% throttle)

very interesting. big power increase without hot cam / big bore kit etc.
it does not say what carb modifications (to BST ? / this is without even changing to FCR.)
cat

Postby CM » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:22 pm

@cat: I guess that they have just changed the main jet from the KTM....

Here are some pics of the carb, GPR and the manifolds ;)

....me after my first ride with the Baghi.....just the Street up and down....I had come so fast of 140km/h....only 91 days...than I can drive her.... :twisted:

We make our own "Emmenrausch" :P

CM

Postby cat » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:31 am

Thanks! :D

91 days, that's ok. If it was here/me, I'd just ride. :-D

Is that one carb or two? (If it's one there must be some special intake manifold./?)

> We make our own "Emmenrausch" :P

damn! The machine translators don't know it. I've seen it somewhere - more than once. :x

That garage looks big, but it looks cold. But I can see some sun there. :D By the time you can ride, it will be warm.

All these cold photos I've seen today ... phlat's ride ... :o BURRRRRRRR!!!!! :shock: :!:
It was so hot here yesterday - and Saturday, I couldn't do much. I heard it was 36 (C) I'm hoping it stops before the end of March.
cat

Postby CM » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:15 pm

Jep, the weather is really f*cked up.......Thursday it will be snowing!?!? O_O according to the weather report but I don´t believe that. I think that it will rain only :P

The Baghi has TWO, ZWEI, DOS (however in what language, she has 2!??!?!?!? *lol*) carbs ;)

You know...Emmenrausch, the big party in front of the MZ-factory at Zschopau. Very cool :-D

Ähm.....83 Days....if I hadn´t miscounted...... :P
CM

Previous

Return to 660 cc