Looking for a service London, UK

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Looking for a service London, UK

Postby jimmyskint » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:32 pm

Hi
I've been lurking here for a while, thanks for all the really helpful info. I have a 2004 black panther with a BSM Future pipe & enduro tail light. It's been great, use it as my daily commuter from east london to the city.

Anyway, I bought it from my local dealer, Jack Nice motorcycles. Unfortunately I received a card over Christmas stating they're closing down, very sad as its been around for 58 years.

I'm looking for another shop to service my bike in the London area, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks
jimmyskint

Postby jimmyskint » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:37 pm

I've just seen the dealership board, looks like I'll be going to Sandy unless anyone knows of anywhere closer to London.
jimmyskint

link

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:21 pm

the MZ web site at http://www.muz.de

click on english flag then dealers for a list
of dealers in england

saw one listed for london

ar dave
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby bigzed » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:39 pm

Hi Jimmyskint,was it yerself that the missus and i met at the supermarket on sunday ?

All the best

gary
bigzed

Postby whysub01 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:34 pm

Got the samecard-bit of a bugger really as I work in the City, and go passed his place occassionally.

However, the MZ is reliable-never had a problem with any of mine, so looks like they will be going up to Doug's in Sandy.

I hope he still has a 1000SF demonstrator!
Becoming A Track Day Addict. Baggi Well On The Way To Completion. Well, One DAy Closer................
whysub01

Postby keithcross » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:21 pm

Servicing the MZ shouldent be to hard for a Yamaha shop. Same engine/gearbos/whels/rear suspension linkage/most of electrical systems. The only thing different is where the oil is stored and its total capacity. Take the owners handbook and all should be OK.
Either that or service it your self, there is nothing really difficult in doing this your self, just follow the owners manaual. Make sure you lubricate teh suspension linkage regularly though.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby jimmyskint » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:02 pm

Many thanks for the replies. I checked the MUZ.de site and unfortunately the London dealer is the one that closed down.

bigzed - wasn't me but I have been know to poodle down to a supermarket on a sunday, my girlfriend thinks I'm doing her a favour when in fact I just want to go out on my bike ;)

After having a think I thought I'd try servicing it myself as per Keith's suggestion. But I've just heard through the grapevine that a guy that worked at the (now closed) dealership is starting a mobile service/repair service. I'll check it out and let you know if it's true.

All the best, J
jimmyskint

Postby whysub01 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:07 pm

jimmyskint wrote: But I've just heard through the grapevine that a guy that worked at the (now closed) dealership is starting a mobile service/repair service. I'll check it out and let you know if it's true.

All the best, J

It's true-received a letter from Jamie Nice saying from Feb 06 he will be starting as a mobile mechanic, and will also be able to order spares.

Handy if in Essex or East london, as Jamie seems to be in Newport, Essex.
Becoming A Track Day Addict. Baggi Well On The Way To Completion. Well, One DAy Closer................
whysub01

Postby whysub01 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:09 pm

I found his letter!

Jamie can be contacted at jamienice@fsmail.net

He is starting up on 1st Feb 2006
whysub01

Return to 660 cc