Re: New to me Scorpion Tour

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Postby Puffs » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:36 am

My original post here was in response to a post from a new member asking advice on a Skorpion. That message has mysteriously been removed; I did not start this tread.
Last edited by Puffs on Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Puffs

Postby Nobog » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:17 pm

Pay attention to the rubber parts, fuel line, bleed the brakes with new fluid. New chain when you change sprockets.
Nobog

Postby Scotty C » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:33 pm

Hey. Where are you located?
I just bought that new Traveller posted not long ago. I sold a Sport about a year ago and wanted back in the fold. I was impressed by how robust these bikes are. I replaced fork seals on the previous bike and problems were fasteners that had tried to become one with their bores, lol. Removing, cleaning and lubing the rear shock linkage is pretty easy and some people had reported those things freezing up. Mine turned out to be fine. Learn about the dry sump engine if you're not already familiar with the type. Many people end up over-filling dry sump bikes. Check the air filter. Hard to source; I ended up buying a new one from Grahams. Yeah, some people custom make them.
Scotty C

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:10 am

dont know whats going on will watch it and see if he shows back up

dave
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby Edge76 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:00 pm

Near King's Lynn in Norfolk.
I have been reading up plenty, already stripped tank and rear plastics off to get in there and see what's going on. Rear sub frame needs painting as starting to corrode so will have it off clean and paint. Other than that looks good. New battery on it, new pads front and rear. Forks clean and dry. So far so good.
Edge76

Return to 660 cc