Source for jets

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Source for jets

Postby kerry » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:22 am

Hey I just found this source....actually someone else found it for me, but it should be a good one for these Baggie carbs (I hope) here's the link http://www.carbparts.com/keihin/needles ... t_list.htm
kerry

Postby cat » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:35 am

cat

Identifying Keihin and Mikuni jets

Postby cat » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:57 pm

Identifying Keihin and Mikuni jets - see the 2 attached .mht files. Useful pictures and dimensions and descriptions.

According to information posted here by oldboyonrgv, Keihin main jets fit the primary carb - I think they're the "small round" type. The Mikuni small round ones have a different thread.
Attachments
Keihin & Mikuni jets (rageperformance.com).zip
(171.6 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Keihin & Mikuni jets (Factory Pro).zip
(102.39 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
cat

Postby roge-a-billy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:14 am

Cheepist Dynojet kit (stage 2) ive found is 55.70 at http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk. Delivery will take time as none in stock and I don't think any will be stored in UK, so that means it will come from USA
Up to my knees in gin & hookers
roge-a-billy

Postby cat » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:37 am

roge-a-billy wrote:Cheepist Dynojet kit (stage 2) ive found is 55.70 at http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk. Delivery will take time as none in stock and I don't think any will be stored in UK, so that means it will come from USA

thanks, good one. that's a lot less.
no they don't stock them, the last person that mentioned it said they were making it up in the USA. (the needle, the big secret needle.) 8)

meanwhile, i've just got 3 primary main jets 132.5, 135, 137.5 (non-genuine Keihin). oldboyonrgv said go from 130 to 135; i got the others in case i needed to play.

something else i found... the choke mechanism from the XT600 fits - it's the pull-knob (that sounds wrong) :P type. i got rid of the cable, it was stiff and ...one cable less, and rigged it up with a cable tie to pull out the choke plunger, but there's nothing to stop water getting in; the genuine brass shaft thing would be better.
cat

about them jets...

Postby dmon722000 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:52 am

A gentelman by the name of Gayland @ Bikeworx.com is the hook up for all of you carb needs. He is helpful and friendly and his jet kit is less than any of the prices I've seen. Check him out, I used his kit and my Baghira woke up pissed off! it realy worked great.
dmon722000

about them jets...

Postby dmon722000 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:52 am

A gentelman by the name of Gayland @ Bikeworx.com is the hook up for all of you carb needs. He is helpful and friendly and his jet kit is less than any of the prices I've seen. Check him out, I used his kit and my Baghira woke up pissed off! it realy worked great.
dmon722000

Postby cat » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:05 am

Dwight, did you do the jetting before you did the exhaust or after/when you did it?
cat

Postby dmon722000 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:38 pm

I did it after I installed the +1 Piston. When I installed the pipe @ 0 miles (new from the showroom)with a stock motor then I put the bike on the dyno and had a remarkable 58 rwhp. Pipe only, the graph was smooth and flat and had no dips or spikes. I faxed it to Gayland, at "Bikeworx" he said whatever I'm doing is good enough. I had to agree, I'm into riding bikes and this one ran great. So no jet fiddiling (yet). After the piston was installed (35ish thousand miles?) I said WTF and do the jet kit (more displacement and everyone was raving about how much of a difference they made etc...). After getting the jet kit (from Bikeworx, great service, greater advise) I installed it easy enough and then rode the bike and I was pretty amazed. Both the low end torque and trottle response was great, real bad ass street hooligan stuff...But, my driving style was fouling the plugs a bit due to a combination af the secondary carb coming in earlier and the secondary was also jetted. It was getting too much fuel while bliping the throttle (downshifting etc...)So I went back with the original jet for the secondary and only have the primary jetted with the air screw turned 5 1/2 turns from bottom (sealevel, Miami). The bike runs like a pissed of thing with something up its arse! I love it. Well, hope that helps you out.
Dwight

"If there were a better bike, I'd be riding it"
dmon722000

Postby cat » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:55 pm

dmon722000 wrote:I did it after I installed the +1 Piston. When I installed the pipe @ 0 miles (new from the showroom)with a stock motor then I put the bike on the dyno and had a remarkable 58 rwhp. Pipe only, the graph was smooth and flat and had no dips or spikes. I faxed it to Gayland, at "Bikeworx" he said whatever I'm doing is good enough. I had to agree, I'm into riding bikes and this one ran great. So no jet fiddiling (yet). After the piston was installed (35ish thousand miles?) I said WTF and do the jet kit (more displacement and everyone was raving about how much of a difference they made etc...). After getting the jet kit (from Bikeworx, great service, greater advise) I installed it easy enough and then rode the bike and I was pretty amazed. Both the low end torque and trottle response was great, real bad ass street hooligan stuff...But, my driving style was fouling the plugs a bit due to a combination af the secondary carb coming in earlier and the secondary was also jetted. It was getting too much fuel while bliping the throttle (downshifting etc...)So I went back with the original jet for the secondary and only have the primary jetted with the air screw turned 5 1/2 turns from bottom (sealevel, Miami). The bike runs like a pissed of thing with something up its arse! I love it. Well, hope that helps you out.
Dwight

"If there were a better bike, I'd be riding it"

Great, that helps. Now I'm going to..focus even more on your exhaust design. That's convincing. Maybe you should try to market it. Think it through.. what it would cost to get the collectors/connectors made. ...Oh, I was going to ask, what altitude, but I've just notcied that it's Miami - sea level. Good! Me too. :-D That helps. Now I know I don't need to worry about the main jet in the secondary carb. I was just about to buy 3 for drilling. Maybe I'll just get one and make it 'half a size' up / 2.5 increment. But I won't need it until I've got the exhaust done anyway.
Did the jet kit come with a needle? Is it the Dynojet kit?
cat

Return to 660 cc