Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Postby dynamite » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:31 pm

Hi all,

I have had my '02 Baghira for 2 years, pretty standard just a BSM exhaust. I'm well pleased with the bike but I feel it needs freshening up a bit.

What do you guys think of this one? I want it!!!
http://49407.rapidforum.com/topic=103381755043

Anyone understand German? I especially like the forks and he seems to have lost a lot of the excess ironworks around the cockpit.

Also came across this, rather less impressive I feel....
http://www.mf-leutersbach.de/Baghira_Madness.wmv

See you all later,
Paul
dynamite

Postby phlat65 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:08 pm

Welcome!! I like it.

I did away with all the front stuff and went with an Acerbis Headlight, and Trailtech speedo, liked it alot. I just recently went back to stock to change it up a bit.
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Re: New Member

Postby cat » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:47 pm

dynamite wrote:I have had my '02 Baghira for 2 years, pretty standard just a BSM exhaust. I'm well pleased with the bike but I feel it needs freshening up a bit.

Vampire or Future? are you happy with it? did you re-jet? :)

dynamite wrote:What do you guys think of this one? I want it!!!
http://49407.rapidforum.com/topic=103381755043
Anyone understand German? I especially like the forks and he seems to have lost a lot of the excess ironworks around the cockpit.

oh, it's Jenser. Another picture of Jenser's bike.
i found a site yesterday that has custom - expensive - tank shrouds.

Jenser's bike:
BSM
Orange painted with Aufklebertuning :-D
tail shortened
smaller and shorter blinkers
Acerbis handprotectors
Acerbis handlebars (?! never heard of them.)
Acerbis lampmasks :-D
Acerbis fork covers
SigmaSport cycle speedo/computer (about the best for bikes - motorbikes; many examples of "how-to" around, but no backlight.)
(hey, this says "with lighting", i can't see how he's done it.)
Supermoto fender in front (i think also Acerbis)
"Tank lining shortened and for better stability with radiator bolts" (sounds like they are somehow attached to rad mounts.)

then - courtesy of altavista babelfish http://world.altavista.com/tr (don't laugh):

Thanks to the previous owner!

Around my Paranoia somewhat too lindern, I installed an alarm installation with gravitation sensor, going away barrier, remote maintenance and warning flashing function (Legos of 3 of Meta system). I am very content thereby. This plant has the advantage that it does not react to vibrations. But the moped blows is moved, then it is LOUD!

Which me so far so well does not please is the luminous efficiency of the headlight. In addition I find the original lamp mask more beautiful. Therefore also again one is installed, as soon as I get again one into the fingers. A set of Enduroraeder must also still ago and GAANZ IMPORTANT: the beautiful formed MZ stickers of the 125'er Enduromodellen must ran. Calmly everyone may know that a EMME is!
cat

Postby cat » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:57 pm

cat wrote:i found a site yesterday that has custom - expensive - tank shrouds.

http://www.ktm-faber.de/MZWeb/catalog.a ... 75b7e6c045

cat

Postby dynamite » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:46 pm

phlat65 wrote:Welcome!! I like it.

I did away with all the front stuff and went with an Acerbis Headlight

Hi,

what did you do with the tank cover / rad shroud, Jenser's bike, in the link seem to have had the plastic cut back.
dynamite

Postby dynamite » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:12 pm

cat wrote:

Hi Cat,
It's the Future. Looks good, must be a lot lighter than the stock. I haven't re-jetted, considering that Carb Kit from Tunebike.de. I don't think the bike hit's the rev limiter as easily.

cat wrote:oh, it's Jenser. Another picture of Jenser's bike.

Jenser's old news then...
Thanks for the link by the way, they have some nice bits. Are those rad shrouds real carbon fibre?

Are those Acerbis fork covers on Jensers bike neoprene or something like that? and what's he done to the fork lowers?
dynamite

Postby dynamite » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:13 pm

cat wrote:

Hi Cat,
It's the Future. Looks good, must be a lot lighter than the stock. I haven't re-jetted, considering that Carb Kit from Tunebike.de. I don't think the bike hit's the rev limiter as easily.

cat wrote:oh, it's Jenser. Another picture of Jenser's bike.

Jenser's old news then...
Thanks for the link by the way, they have some nice bits. Are those rad shrouds real carbon fibre?

Are those Acerbis fork covers on Jensers bike neoprene or something like that? and what's he done to the fork lowers?
dynamite

Postby dynamite » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:17 pm

...And don't refresh your browser!!!!
dynamite

Postby cat » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:27 pm

The BSM exhausts look well made. Not revving up as quickly, that's bad; it seems to confirm the reports I've read that the BSM exhausts were bad for the midrange until doing the jet kit. (Although they didn't say what jet kit.)

I'd never seen or heard of Acerbis fork covers, or handlebars. They're a huge company and apparently they source some things - or all things from various manufacturers. I can't remember what the other sealsavers were, just that they cost quite a bit more than the SealSavers and they didn't seem any different. They are neoprene - or at least the SealSavers are, and these look the same.

The shrouds, they're not carbon fibre - I noticed they have some "magic paint" / carbon fibre look paint somewhere on the site.

The fork lowers... I saw those somewhere today, they were mentioned ..ohh, I know, it's an advrider thread about "Who has the most tricked out DR?" / something like that. Someone had the same covers. They're some kind of tough plastic, but I'm not sure if they're stick-on or strap-on. :-D I'll have a look now.
cat

Postby cat » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:34 pm

dynamite wrote:Are those Acerbis fork covers on Jensers bike neoprene or something like that? and what's he done to the fork lowers?

RSW fork covers
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.p ... 546&page=3

google is only coming up with RSW fork brace, though.

I've seen many similar things but these are the first ones I've seen that I think look good.
cat

Postby cat » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:47 pm

http://www.rswracing.com/
doesn't list them.

I think Jenser's might be something else - they have "Marzocchi" on them.

...trying some more googling. :-)
cat

Postby dynamite » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:34 am

cat wrote:I'd never seen or heard of Acerbis fork covers.

Here's some, page 29 in this catalogue

http://www.acerbis.com/ecat/pdf/hi/18_universalplastics.pdf
dynamite

Postby cat » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:26 pm

dynamite wrote:
cat wrote:I'd never seen or heard of Acerbis fork covers.

Here's some, page 29 in this catalogue

http://www.acerbis.com/ecat/pdf/hi/18_universalplastics.pdf

File download (PDF, 4234310 bytes) was restricted by the content rule 'Block large downloads'.
Contact your WebMarshal administrator if you need access for business purposes.

ohh.

Those lower fork covers aren't RWS. They only make fork braces; the guy on advrider was mistaken. I know I've seen some generic ones somewhere, maybe denniskirk but I can't find them there. And I can't see what that logo is.
cat

Postby CM » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:34 pm

ah, Jenser´s bike.

Sorry, but it has a normal Marzocchi Magnum 45 fork like everybody else who drives a stock MZ Baghira (no height reduced).

His tank covers are normal ones, they were just cutted at the end, not more ;)

@cat: Oh no, go away with MZ-Faber!!!! This store sucks. He sells KTM bikes too and so he took some KTM parts and some normal stock stuff which is "tuned up" (very ugly) and tries to sell it to astronomic priceses!!!
CM

Postby cat » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:39 pm

CM wrote:ah, Jenser´s bike.
Sorry, but it has a normal Marzocchi Magnum 45 fork like everybody else who drives a stock MZ Baghira (no height reduced).

but what are those fork covers?

CM wrote:@cat: Oh no, go away with MZ-Faber!!!! This store sucks. He sells KTM bikes too and so he took some KTM parts and some normal stock stuff which is "tuned up" (very ugly) and tries to sell it to astronomic priceses!!!

oh, good, i'm glad to hear the prices are astronimic - i thought it was just my weak currency. :-D
i like the tank covers, but i'd make my own with vinyl if i really wanted them.
cat

Next

Return to 660 cc