Hey MZ´ler, where'd you get those gorgeous gaitors!?

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Postby cat » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:08 pm

irishnutjars,
Thanks for the pictures. They help. I need to measure the gap between the 2 stock manifolds, now that they're in position without the collector (in a good position, clearing the master cylinder and as far away as possib;e from the coolant hoses as possible - draw around them - compare that to the diagram of the collector end - and figure out what to get what Burns Stainless. The picture of the Burns Stainless Y-pipe I posted in the other thread ;-) ..what length of output I need on that, or if must be short and have a bend welded on to clear the master cylinder, and then get some idea of the bend I need to get to the bottom of the can. I want to get as close as I can to 'plug-and-play' then get my friend to weld - cut and weld. :-D and the can will have to get an outlet tube welded on to extend it and direct it away from the bike. I'm trying to think of something I can model it with (the connector pipe), but all I can think of is the vacuum cleaner pipe, or a ton of plasticene, a plasticene sausage. :D
cat

Postby irishnutjars » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:47 pm

cat

Glad they helped; you make it sound real complicated!!

M4 was simple enough to adapt, it mounted on upper exhaust mount and by turning the connector pipe it was quite close.

If you have a 'y' peice the vacuum hose sounds good- perhaps you could spray some of that 'gap fill' or expanding foam into it through a couple of drilled holes and let it set?

Make sure you clear the airbox on the way through too!

Good luck; will expect some pics posted when its done!
irishnutjars

Previous

Return to 660 cc