compact air horns

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

compact air horns

Postby kerry » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:09 pm

I found out about this horn on another site. They say it's so loud that a person driving a car will drop their cell phone out of fear when you touch it off! I ordered one and it looks like it will fit on the left side of my Baggi, right above where the stock horn resides. It isn't very big, and is said to be almost as loud as a semi truck horn!! It's claimed 117 db.'s Thats pretty loud! Best part is it's only 39.00. Here's the link.http://www.griotsgarage.com/search ... pnav=EMMBC I'll keep you all posted when I get it hooked up!
kerry

Postby kerry » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:24 pm

Well I finished installing this thing today, and WOW is this thing LOUD!!!! It was a bit of a challenge to get it to fit, but I'm so glad I did...next time someone pulls out in front of me, I will give em a blast of this baby, and they will know I'm there....no more wimpy "meeep-meeep" If anybody is interested, there is one on e-bay right now. Do a search for Stebel air horn.
kerry

Postby cat » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:22 am

:!: 117 must be F***** loud, because I got one of these - 110 db

...and I got a fright when I tested it. :shock:
Roots. India. Horns are very important there.

This one is 125 db:

http://www.rootsworldwide.com/html/roots_90.html
cat

Postby kerry » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:22 am

That type would be easier to install for sure....with the stebel, I had to wire in a relay (comes with it ) as it draws so much amperage. It sounds just like a train horn if you can imagine that!...and it only weighs a pound. I was so excited yesterday, that I was driving up and down the road honking at my neighbors....they already know I'm wacked....fun stuff though! I love toys.
kerry

Postby cat » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:14 am

:-D

Well, I'll eventually find out who the Roots distributor is here, and i'll get one of those 125 db horns. The one I got was all the shop had. I knew it would be louder than the stock one - which makes you think the battery's flat.
I would love to blast one - like that 125, or yours - next to someone on a cellphone. But I usually ..proceed with caution, find out yes they are, I thought that's why they driving so weird, and then get away from them. But yes, the day will come when :-D I'll pull up next to one, in the next lane, and hit the hooter :!: :!: and see if they can continue the conversation after that. :twisted:
cat

Postby kerry » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:13 pm

Try this link to the manufacturer in Italy....you can prob. contact them to see who might have them for sale in your neck of the woods!http://www.stebel.it/stebel/index.htm You can also hear all the different horns that they make by downloading a short file. The one I used is th Nautilis compact. It Rocks!
kerry

Return to 660 cc