Custom seat

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Custom seat

Postby kman.45 » Fri May 05, 2006 4:38 pm

Thought y'all might want to see my new custom seat, couple of views. Rich's Custom Seat in Seattle, as suggested by another member. Will be all day comfortable.

kman.45

Postby dmon722000 » Sun May 07, 2006 12:06 am

Nice seat. That guy does damn good work. Real subtle seat area improvement, much more support (not like the ol' log straddel the original was, lol). Good to see some quality work for a change. Enjoy.
Dwight
dmon722000

Postby tuny » Sun May 07, 2006 5:44 am

is it me or is the bigger part little to fare backwards? i ugualy sit with my balls allmost on my tank? or am i so different? its seems to be better in cornering ( fore me )
the rest, nice job on the sadle,
tuny

Postby kman.45 » Sun May 07, 2006 6:42 am

tuny wrote:is it me or is the bigger part little to fare backwards? i ugualy sit with my balls allmost on my tank? or am i so different? its seems to be better in cornering ( fore me )
the rest, nice job on the sadle,

That is the position I like to just "ride" in. Rich's placed that based on my measurements while on bike. But you are right, for aggressive riding, I ended up more forward, and the seat is narrow enough to move around. Made maiden voyage yesterday and rode for a solid 5 hours, from pavement to gravel/degraded road, seat was brilliant over it all. Bike is extremely comfortable now, no problem going all day.
kman
kman.45

Postby Randew2U » Sun May 07, 2006 7:23 am

Wow, your bike looks great, red is the best color for these bikes in my humble opinion, shows the styling well.

Please tell us what kind of turn indicators and tail light you have there. Is that an entire replacement tail section or light and signals. Thats how I want to set mine up!

Does your new seat ride 2 ok?
Randew2U

Postby kman.45 » Sun May 07, 2006 8:07 am

Randew2U wrote:Wow, your bike looks great, red is the best color for these bikes in my humble opinion, shows the styling well.

Please tell us what kind of turn indicators and tail light you have there. Is that an entire replacement tail section or light and signals. Thats how I want to set mine up!

Does your new seat ride 2 ok?

Baja Designs tail light and fender, with Motrax blinkers (L-P sells the same ones). See dgunther post for excellent views and instruction also. http://mzriders.com/viewtopic.php?t=1460

The seat was set up for single rider, they can do double perch if you desire, or I suppose just have them make rear more passenger friendly without a big dish area if you want. I'll not carry any passengers, don't even have the rear pegs on. Wife hates the ultra curvey roads here so doesn't like riding with me. Oh well! :twisted:
kman.45

Postby dgunther » Sun May 07, 2006 8:29 am

I really like the idea of the dished area being towards the back of the seat as well - I found that I tend to not sit right up against the tank, and will often slide back to the pillion area to stretch out a bit (I'm fairly tall with long arms). I have no need to carry a passenger - my wife has her own bike, and if we go on a 2-up trip we'll be on the BMW, not the Baggi.

After a 400 mile day yesterday, I think I'm about ready to name the stock seat "Prison Lovin". I can see Rich's Custom Seats getting some of my hard-earned cash in the very near future!
dgunther

Return to 660 cc