Oil Overfilled

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Oil Overfilled

Postby Sourcer » Fri May 12, 2006 5:11 pm

I discovered my oil level had been overfilled by the dealer( they performed the service on the bike as part of there check in/out procedure. The dealer said something about it before the purchase. I find it a little bit difficult to check the oil level. I run the bike a few minutes around the block and let the engine idle for 30 seconds before I shut it off. A few deciliter oil overflowed when I opened the cover, and I let it flow until it finally stopped. I did the same procedure today and it still overflow when I open the cover to the oil tank. :shock:

I wonder how much oil they used. :?
Last edited by Sourcer on Sat May 13, 2006 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sourcer

Postby dbates » Sat May 13, 2006 2:40 am

Check that all the air has been bled out of the oil filter. Just open the small screw at the top of the filter and make sure oil comes out rather than air.
dbates
2001 Skorpion Traveller
Northumberland England
dbates

Postby Sourcer » Sat May 13, 2006 11:53 am

Thanks! I'll try that.
Sourcer

Postby dmon722000 » Tue May 16, 2006 1:01 am

Tell you service manager ASAP, you need to get the rookie off of your bike and make sure he is up to snuff on the "dry sump" oil system your bike uses before your bike tries to compress some oil (hydrolock anyone?) and while there at it have 'em toss in some freebies for the inconvience and loss of confidence in his shop... Time = money
dmon722000

Return to 660 cc