Hi To All

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Hi To All

Postby handsomejackuk » Mon May 15, 2006 6:08 am

First of all thanks to the Admin of this website for letting me in. I had a bit of trouble getting my name registered but seems all ok now.

I currently own 2003 MZ Baghira several mods made myself including cut down rear end, will send some pics when i get bit more time. Need some advice on front end mods enabling the front light to turn and getting rid of the nudge bars frame things and big indicators. Also who is the best supplier of spares in U.K. for this Bike. Currently need small items like seat fastening on rear and clips that hold speed cable to forks as i have fork protectors on mine and want to get rid of them. Any views on BSM vampire exhaust. I currenly have BSM future and looking to replace back box with the vampire for nicer sound and bit freer revving.

Thanks for Now

Alun
handsomejackuk

Postby whysub01 » Mon May 15, 2006 6:50 am

You can remove all the Metal frame gubbins and replace with a “normal” KTM or aftermarket headlight. If getting a KTM one, you will only need the plastic surround, as the MZ light unit will fit it (they are one and the same).

Contact http://www.bsa-regal.co.uk for parts-they are absolutely the dogs danglies at getting parts out, and knowing what else fits.

IU have no views on the BSM exhaust-I run a CarbonCan Co end can, which is of high quality, sounds great AND is stamped for road use!
Becoming A Track Day Addict. Baggi Well On The Way To Completion. Well, One DAy Closer................
whysub01

Front End

Postby handsomejackuk » Mon May 15, 2006 7:22 am

Thanks for advice I was hoping to use the original Headlight and make some brackets. Would be nice to fit a rev counter, as i notice some of the KTM's use similar speedo unit but with rev counter . Anyone got Any nice close up pics of front ends for me to have a gander at ? Also when the metal gubbings is removed some sort of bracketry has to be made to hold the side pods on any pics appreciated.

Alun.
handsomejackuk

rev

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Mon May 15, 2006 11:21 am

welcome and here is a link for your review
if you do not find a rev counter u like
or are cheap like me :-D

http://www.mzriders.com/viewtopic.php?t=682

ar dave
rev
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby cat » Mon May 15, 2006 11:23 am

this thread ain't worth NOTHING without photos! :-D
cat

pic

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Mon May 15, 2006 5:24 pm

i am out of room to post pic... so links will have to do :D
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby phlat65 » Mon May 15, 2006 10:45 pm

the first thing i did was to cut the loop bars off of the front of mine. I cut the bar that comes from the radiator to the side panel flush with the front edge of the side panel. and installed the small black push in cover into the end. I then removed all the headlamp/ speedo stuff and ran an Acerbis headlamp fastened to the forks with the supplied rubber straps. worked great, except no room for stock speedo. ran a Trailtech on the handlebars, ran it that way for 2 years. just recently went back to stock headlamp/speedo/front fender to change it up a bit....
Attachments
DSCN0583.JPG
DSCN0583.JPG (88.44 KiB) Viewed 4677 times
DSCN0582.JPG
DSCN0582.JPG (61.27 KiB) Viewed 4677 times
sean's.jpg
sean's.jpg (85.8 KiB) Viewed 4677 times
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Re: pic

Postby cat » Tue May 16, 2006 1:49 am

DAVID THOMPSON wrote:i am out of room to post pic... so links will have to do :D

:-) I meant handsomejackuk. You can't just say here I am and I've modified my tail and so on and not post photos.

That area/suburb you live in looks nice - peaceful, and all those trees down the road.

I loathe the "McMansion" style places.
cat

hi to all

Postby handsomejackuk » Tue May 16, 2006 4:05 am

Phlat 65

thanks for pictures. I did think of cutting the original frame like yours, but wanted to retain original parts in case i sell bike and need to put it back stock so may try and source 2nd hand frame and cut that or make my own brackets. like the speedo but will stick to my original for now . I will send pic's of my rear as soon as i can. Thanks For now

Alun
handsomejackuk

Re: hi to all

Postby cat » Tue May 16, 2006 4:22 am

handsomejackuk wrote:wanted to retain original parts in case i sell bike and need to put it back stock so may try and source 2nd hand frame and cut that

better to keep the original, but these frame tubes, you could always get the cut off pieces welded on again nicely and sprayed with wrinkle black. i'll go ahead and cut my tail piece, but i want to try to get a subframe. i won't get one here, though, that's for sure.
cat

Postby handsomejackuk » Tue May 16, 2006 4:56 am

pics for you guys out there front end to be sorted..
handsomejackuk

Postby Fil » Tue May 16, 2006 9:08 am

Here are some pics of my speedo/ rev counter and of my cut down rad shrouds.

The speedo computer is an Acewell unit I got from Banditmania here in the UK. It shows speed, rpm, max speed, max rpm, odo & 2 trip counters (I think). You can also get them with built in idiot lights for more money (I think Keithcross has one of these).

I know you don't want to chop up your bike, but by cutting down the plastic rad shrouds I was able to completely remove metal loops from the front of the bike without cutting any metalwork, and improve the looks too (IMO :D ). The pic of the bike from the side shows what the cut down shrouds look like.

Hope that helps!
Attachments
New Speedo sml.jpg
New Speedo sml.jpg (177.36 KiB) Viewed 4648 times
small side on pic 1.jpg
small side on pic 1.jpg (159.2 KiB) Viewed 4648 times
Fil

Postby cat » Tue May 16, 2006 9:18 am

your garage wall's worse than the one i'm trying to fix. it looks like a dungeon. :-D
cat

Postby veggiebikerdude » Tue May 16, 2006 9:46 am

I have a Vampire end can on my Baggy. Looks good, sounds great, and not TOO loud. No need for adjustments on the carbs.
"back off, man. I'm a scientist..."
veggiebikerdude

Postby Fil » Tue May 16, 2006 6:17 pm

cat wrote:your garage wall's worse than the one i'm trying to fix. it looks like a dungeon. :-D

Haha!!

It's an old stable.
It's dry and secure, but certainly isn't warm in the winter months...

The worst problem is rodents. One day I took my old GPZ600 (which I had before the Mastiff) out to warm it up before a ride, when I noticed smoke coming out from under the tank.
I killed the engine and whipped off the tank only to find that mice had stashed some dry dog food chunks in the holes the spark plugs sit in. When the engine warmed up, they started to cook.
Didn't smell too good either...
Fil

Next

Return to 660 cc