Help Locating Relay and Fuses Needed Urgently!

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Help Locating Relay and Fuses Needed Urgently!

Postby whysub01 » Tue May 23, 2006 2:55 am

Went on away for a four days with some mates, and over four days my Skorpion Sport was ridden nearly 1,000kms in torrential rain,, and left outside in the open elements fore four nights. It p*ssed it down every night too.

Yesterday on the way bav=ck the indicators stopped working-I suspect this is connected to the constant drenching it received.

Not had a chance to look at it yet, but need to know where the flasher relay and fuses are located-I cannot ever remember seeing them, seeing as I have never had to do any work to it (although will be swapping engines when I can find a couple of spare days).

Wouldn’t be bothered too much, but out on a Bikesafe course with the Met Police on Friday, and the Baggi has snapped (yet another) exhaust hanger.
Becoming A Track Day Addict. Baggi Well On The Way To Completion. Well, One DAy Closer................
whysub01

Postby basser23 » Tue May 23, 2006 10:18 am

Those items, (relay and fuses) are located under the seat....next to the starter relay...
hope this helps
Chip
basser23

Postby whysub01 » Tue May 23, 2006 10:31 am

Thanks Chip-I presume you mean the front seat pad, as in the 18 months (and 20,000 miles) I've had the bike, I have only had to remove the rear seat pad when i've changed the oil.

I must try harder on my maintenance!
Becoming A Track Day Addict. Baggi Well On The Way To Completion. Well, One DAy Closer................
whysub01

light

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Tue May 23, 2006 4:03 pm

When you ride them faster than the speed of light time stands still and they do not need maintenance! :smt040
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby basser23 » Tue May 23, 2006 4:37 pm

Yep , under the ol' bum rest...when you have located the relay, it is a good idea to seal the edges of the cover with some silicone goo..keeps it
water tight..I imagine they are cheap enough to keep a couple on hand.
I have not had to change mine yet...96 Skorp Sport...
Chip
basser23

Postby whysub01 » Sat May 27, 2006 4:36 am

Not the fuses (swapped them over, everything except the indicators worked still), nor the relay (swapped with the one on my "spares" bike).

However, there seem to be two relays under the seat. One is next to the fuses, and bolts to the the rear mudguard, and I can see another relay beneath the right hand side (sitting on the bike) frame rail, just by the tank. What's this for? (sorry, can't find my manual!).

Anyone have any idea's?

Have spare swichgear too, somewhere!
whysub01

Return to 660 cc