BAGGY SEAT OPTIONS??

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Postby MSW » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:29 pm

Well, O.K., maybe I should have said that the Baggy's saddle shape is CLOSE to what I'd like. You're right that it's kind of a weird forward angle, but I find that I move around a fair bit on the seat while riding anyway, so I don't get stuck in any one uncomfortable position. Plus I spend a fair amount of time on a road bicycle. You want to talk uncomfortable seat - the Baggy is a regular sofa compared to my Specialized.

I did notice that the Corbin website shows a seat for the KTM that is almost exactly what I was thinking of for my Baggy (not so much a touring saddle as just a slightly wider "backstop"). I'm hoping that they can emulate this one somehow:

http://www.corbin.com/ktm/ktm625motard.shtml

Only without all that ugly orange on it.
MSW
2005 Black Panther

I like my beer like I like my women: cold, dark, and bitter.
MSW

Postby drj » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:45 am

on longer "highway" rides - i can actually put my legs forward and rest my ankles on the turn signals for a little while...theyre quite sturdy and it provides a nice break from the normal riding position...

so - how long have you had your baggy?

drj
'03 Baghira (m4 pipe/black rims)
'01 XR650r (hotcam)
'00 XR400r (pumper/header/pipe/cam)
drj

Postby MSW » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:05 pm

Just over a year. I bought it new last year from SF Moto, who have been fantastic w/the customer service.

Of course, tomorrow, I'm bringing it in for its first yearly service (a busy spring kept me from riding, so I just turned 10,000 KM). I guess I'll find out how much the desertion of the U.S. market by the distributor has soured my SF Moto friends on servicing my bike.

Man, <6k mi./year is pathetic.
MSW
2005 Black Panther

I like my beer like I like my women: cold, dark, and bitter.
MSW

Postby drj » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:10 pm

mine just turned over 10km too!!

how cute! :lol: :lol:

drj
'03 Baghira (m4 pipe/black rims)
'01 XR650r (hotcam)
'00 XR400r (pumper/header/pipe/cam)
drj

Previous

Return to 660 cc