fuel tank problem

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

fuel tank problem

Postby flanker » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:19 pm

HI everybody. I just starting to realy enjoy my bagghy and bam,yet another troble smack my brain.Last weekend i drow my bagghy to local lake for a day of fishing.It was a nice sunny day temp jump to 80s.After fun day i return to parking to find my bike leaking fuel on left side just above the knee fad i found crack going along the valley.Needles to say my day was ruined.But beeng sceptical i went to a local autozone to look for solution.But troble wont leave me none of the glues will work with polyethilen wich i belive this tank is made from.Im sure someone had this problem solved.So im sitting by my wounded cat helples to help her .New tan price run about 350$ sum that i cant afford at this time.Need help.By the way thanks to everyone who helped me with all my trobles before the next one .
Thank you with respect.
Roman.
flanker

Re: fuel tank problem

Postby cat » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:56 am

surely there is some epoxy that will work on it...? or what about fibreglass resin? (those kits you get for fixing surfboards and kayaks.)
cat

Postby lowgloss » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:16 am

Flanker
I believe that polyethelene can be "plastic welded" with the correct equipment. Look for an automotive bumper reconditioner or large body shop and they may be able to help you.
lowgloss

Postby flanker » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:27 pm

Thank you all
flanker

Loctite Prism 406

Postby cat » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:44 pm

I found this in the RS Components catalog. You could find it on one of the RS Components websites or on the Loctite website.
google:
lotctite prism 406 site:www.loctite.com

Loctite
Prism
The Prism range of cyanoacrylates has additional benefits when compared to with other cyanoacrylates:
- bonds previously unbondable plastics such as polyethylene, polypropylene
- increased resistance to heat and humidity
- increased resistance to solvents
- greater gap filling ability

Prism 406 Rubber and Plastics
- Low viscosity instant adhesive
- Ensures uniform fast fixturing of 'difficult' rubbers and elastomers
- Bonds polyethylene and polyolefin plastics when used with Prism 770 Polyolefin Primer

Prism 770 Polyolefin Primer
- Enhances adhesion of cyanoacrylates to materials
- Promotes bonding of polypropylene, polyethylene, thermoplastic, rubber and silicone
- Fluorescent additive allows checking of application with a UV lamp
- Bonds PTFE, etc. to each other or other substrates
cat

Return to 660 cc