Newly acquired used HR Street Moto doesn't fit my tall bod

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Newly acquired used HR Street Moto doesn't fit my tall bod

Postby lordofthefiles » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:14 pm

Newly bought Hr Baggy SM seems nose down, and the seat puts me too far forward. I understand the forks and rear suspension link are part of the lowering package; what about the seat - is it different too? Is it practical to try to reverse the process to get rid of the HR features?

I have a Suzi DR650 that fits me like a glove, so I know I'm not imagining things.

Any help much appreciated.
Attachments
my new bike (cropped).JPG
Me & my bike pic
my new bike (cropped).JPG (32.75 KiB) Viewed 2671 times
lordofthefiles

Postby phlat65 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:23 am

i traded forks and shock and linkage on my hr to make it full heigt, but unfortunately it does nothing for the seat. i took the cover off and made a step in the foam to give me a flatter seat. worked pretty well, went from a 30 mile bike to a 100 mile bike. I have toyed with lowering the subframe, I think it would be a great solution, and really is not that hard. if you look at the angle of the rear sub, it is raked pretty good.

good luck with the new bike, and welcome to the group!

I will say, having both versions of this bike, the HR does handle better on road, but the full height is more versatile.
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Postby Garf » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:17 am

Welcome fella. You may get used to the riding position mate .....you will find that the bike handles much better when you sit right on the tank which is perhaps why the seat tends to force you forward.
HR Black Panther
Garf

Postby Wonky » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:31 am

Yeh i found the riding position a little weird to get used to! After a few days i soon got into it and found that the bike naturally puts you in the right position for riding the Baggy! Good luck with it though... :D
Wonky

Postby lordofthefiles » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:42 pm

Thanks to all responders.

I'll try raising the fork tubes the 1\2 inch available for starters.
Could always replace the front wheel to get the nose up, too.

I'm only minutes away from Corbin in Hollister, so I could talk to them about recontouring the seat.
lordofthefiles

Postby Garf » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:29 am

The Baggy SM is a top sports bike in its own right and is set up as it is on 17's to maximise its handling capabilities. If you want to keep a sweet handling bike dont go raising the forks or fitting a bigger front wheel as you will slow the turn in by effectively kicking out the head angle and will also limit your choice of sticky rubber. If you are a big lad have you considered checking the static sag ? The fronts are fairly softly suspended so it may be that you need to get the suspension tweeked for more pre-load up front, particularly if you have already cranked it up on the rear suspension to suit your weight.......it might be enough to give a nose down feeling.......I am not a suspension wizard but there is likely to be somebody in this forum who can either support or damn what i have written !! :?
If none of the above applies then you could make up a set of bar risers / get higher bars so that you feel like you are sitting up a bit more.
Dont give up on her though mate because they really are great bikes although a completely different kettle of fish than your old DR.
HR Black Panther
Garf

Return to 660 cc