Tires Recommended for "average" road use.

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Postby bigzed » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:39 pm

Hi keith,i just got the same tyre set up you have yesterday in the pissing rain and found them to be a very good combination,grip was ace even though i'm still scrubbing them in,what pressures are you running as the guy who fitted them put 30 psi both ends as that was "what he always puts in those sort of bikes" is he right? or do you run them lower.
All the best,Gary
bigzed

Postby keithcross » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:04 pm

Hi

I have tried several pressures and have settled for 2 BAR (a gnats whisker under 30PSI) I did have a suggested pressure for the front from Avon and if I can find it I will post it here.
I am please that you have found the tyre combination good for your bike and the way you use it.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby bigzed » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:14 pm

Thanks keith,she certainly did like this set up,i don't think it could have rained any harder but there was not a loss of grip either end on the lanes on the way back home(even took the long way)cheers for the suggestion and advice.All the best Gary.
bigzed

Postby keithcross » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:34 pm

So your location isnt exactly correct at the moment them :)

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby Randew2U » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:50 pm

I picked up a pair of stock size Distanzia's on Ebay for an excellent price and picked them up from UPS on Friday. I picked up a set of tire irons at harbor freight and plan to tackle the projject soon!
Randew2U

bead breaker

Postby kman.45 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:27 am

Randew2U wrote:I picked up a pair of stock size Distanzia's on Ebay for an excellent price and picked them up from UPS on Friday. I picked up a set of tire irons at harbor freight and plan to tackle the projject soon!

I will post a pic of my wood bead breaker later today. Nothing but leftover wood I attached to garage wall, breaks bead with almost zero effort. Using three tire irons takes a little "handling skill." But you'll figure it out soon enough. I make rim protectors by just cutting up squares of heavy HDPE bottles like those for laundry detergent.

Two tips. 1) when spooning on the new tire, make sure you keep the part of tire already on the rim pushed down into the well, so there is enough play to keep working the tire on. 2) Use a little dish soap around the rim as a lubricant.

kman
kman.45

Previous

Return to 660 cc