VFR Caliper and Bracket Baggi Upgrade

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

VFR Caliper and Bracket Baggi Upgrade

Postby whysub01 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:48 am

I have upgraded to a complete Beringer system now (thanks Wonky), so have for sale a VFR caliper, pads and Titanium bracket to bolt straight onto a Baggi/Mastiff. Uses the original brake hose and master cylinder nad can be fitted in minutes for a FAR FAR superior braking experience.

I bought it, but never got around to fitting it, but i know it works well, as it came from MZPog's Mastiff.

Seeing as Wonky did me a deal on the Beringer, I'll let this go for £30 plus postage.

PM me for address, delivery/pick up etc.
Becoming A Track Day Addict. Baggi Well On The Way To Completion. Well, One DAy Closer................
whysub01

Postby bigzed » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:22 pm

i,ll have that off yer whysub, pm on it's way.

all the best gary.
bigzed

Postby OLDMTNCARVER » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:31 pm

whysub01,
Post 'em some pics.
OMC
OLDMTNCARVER

Postby cat » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:38 am

dAmn! oh well. Beringer... show it, please. what Beringer, caliper, and what about the bracket?
cat

more info on upgrading the brakes on a baggie/mastiff

Postby Kirk » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:00 pm

Yes I need info on upgrading the brakes. They SUCK. I have tried two different master cylinders and two different types of pads and they still suck. My wifes SKORPION has great brakes. Is it the caliper or master cylinder? Who has an in-expensive fix? Thanks, Kirk
98 Mastiff
99 Skorpion (*wifes)
99 ZRX
90 hAWK GT (wifes)
98 mastiff
99 skorpion (wifes)
99 zrx
03 dl1000
09 hawk gt (wifes)
93 F650cs (wifes)
Kirk

Postby Garf » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:32 pm

I am using a standard master cylinder with a Beringer 4 pot and a Braking wavey disc originally for an R6. The mounting adaptor is a simple steel affair. This setup is soooo much better than the original it is difficult to describe. If you can find one of these calipers for decent money then buy it (or the 6 pot version which must be absolutely awesome....although no idea if the master cylinder would need changing for this). I got the caliper and bracket off the sadly missed Wonky (looks like he must have had a stockpile of bits he wanted to get rid of to fund the project !!) Highly recomended.
HR Black Panther
Garf

Postby whysub01 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:30 am

Right-the VFR caliper will be going to Gary (Bigzed). However, I will post up some photo's of it and the bracket. I'll try to find the time to get a paper copy of the bracket as a template, and will forward it on to anyone that wants to fit the VFR caliper to their bike.

I will take some photo's over the weekend of the 6 pot Beringer set up too. Again, I got from Wonky-his dissaperance off of here is a big loss-and it looks like the master cylinder is a 19mm one, but I'll check. This will be soon grasping an R6 wavey disc too. Wonky is going for some top spec Brembo's, so they must be better that even the Beringer-his bike will be just so cool when it's finished, and he want to organise a meet one weekend near to Slipstream for us MZ owners (whatever model) to get together for a social event. seems a great idea to me!

And Kirk, my last Skorpion which seemed to be running EXACTLY the same brake set up as the Baggi, even down to the same brand pads (although the brake caliper was on the right hand fork leg on the Skorpion) was superb-could lock the wheel with ease.

At first I wondered if it was the extra length brake hose, but that cannot be the problem. No idea what causes it to be so poor in comparison.

Any suggestions why two same set ups are like chalk and cheese?
Becoming A Track Day Addict. Baggi Well On The Way To Completion. Well, One DAy Closer................
whysub01

Postby cat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:53 am

photos always apreciated, and the bracket template....i could call one or two parts dealers here and see if they got a VFR caliper.

otherwise, it sounds like i should go for a Beringer 4 pot. it seems like there've been quite a range of different calipers people have used, all them better than the stock one.
cat

Postby Garf » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:14 pm

Cat, the husabergs were fitted with a beringer 6 pot as standard ....dunno if that is still the case but it was a few years back. Just thought I would let you know as it may give you another search option if you sart trawling the local dealers or scrappers for a decent caliper.
Cheers
HR Black Panther
Garf

Postby cat » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:36 am

thanks. there won't be any - they've probably sold...i dunno, probably less than 20-30-40 Husabergs in the last few years. sportbikes and older superbikes especially is what i always see in the stripping ads. :)
i could always just get a Beringer caliper or a high-end Brembo or something new, go straight for something better. it's no good doing the VFR or whatever if i'm still going to desire a Beringer. it's all about being satisfied. then again, the more money i put into the MZ, the longer it'll be before i can buy a Husaberg. :D ...i'd like to upgrade to a 320mm disc while i'm about it, though.
cat

Postby bigzed » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:20 pm

Cheers whysub for dropping those bits off,but i forgot to ask what exact model is the caliper from,as regards seals,pads etc.All the best.Gary
bigzed

Postby whysub01 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:10 pm

Gary

The caliper is off of a Honda VFR 750. Not sure which model, but I will e-mail the guy that sold it to me.

Also, I never got a chance to do a photocopy of the bracket for those that wanted it-sorry. perhaps Bigzed can assist?
whysub01

Postby whysub01 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:49 pm

Bigzed

Just had an e-mail from MZPog-sometime contributor on here-and he says that the caliper come from one of the VFR 750's (just before the 800 model was released).

For what it's worth, the caliper was also used on Hornets (but finished in black) and CBR600's in gold colour as well as black.

Hope this helps!
whysub01

Hoping for a template for the caliper hanger...

Postby Kirk » Thu May 17, 2007 7:01 pm

I aquired a caliper from a cbr 600 but need a template to mount the caliper to the fork stays...
PLEASE... I'M SOOOOO... TIRED OF THESE BRAKES.

Thanks
98 mastiff
99 skorpion (wifes)
99 zrx
03 dl1000
09 hawk gt (wifes)
93 F650cs (wifes)
Kirk

Return to 660 cc