Baghira oil and filter change

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: Baghira oil and filter change

Postby cmg241 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:10 pm

I know, old thread but thanks much for the detailed instructions. Talk about over engineering, my wife asked how long it would take me to change the oil and I said "20 minutes tops". maybe next time..
cmg241

Postby Nordestada » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:46 pm

My son just bought a 2002 Baghira this summer; the bike was running OK until it started to have problems. Took it to a Yamaha dealership, and found out that the engine was messed up. Cylinder, valves, etc. It seemed as if oil was not getting to the engine. Maybe the oil pump broke... we are not sure, but the engine needs a rebuild, or to be changed. Trying to figure out what happened, I removed the oil line going from the bottom of the frame to the engine. Jammed in the line was a rag. Is this some kind of filtration, or an accident? It seems to me that this is what caused the flow of oil to the engine, but my son says that the rag is suppose to be there. Any help with that, and any suggestions on the engine? Replacing it would cost as much as the bike is worth.
Thanks in advance.
Nordestada

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:45 pm

i think some one made a big mistake
and left the rag behind that was in the hose to stop it from dripping on the floor
and never got removed
things like this happen usually when several different people work on a bike
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby duncmac » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:39 am

Theres a metal strainer thing, its part of the bolt that goes into the bottom oil hose, not sure if thats what you mean, but its metal mesh not plastic of fabric.
MZ Baghira 2002 - Silver
CBR 600 FY 2002 - Tri colour
Vespa T5 172 Malossi - Old English White
duncmac

Previous

Return to 660 cc