wheel rebuilding

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

wheel rebuilding

Postby handsomejackuk » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:31 pm

Does anyone know what length / angle / quality spokes are for a standard baghira street moto would like to source some replacemtent spokes. must be polished stainless.. any ideas folks........

Thanks Alun
I'm a schizophrenic so am I !!!!
handsomejackuk

Re: wheel rebuilding

Postby Wonkmeister » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:56 pm

If you goto this link:
http://www.teamslipstream.co.uk/pdf/mzdatafile.pdf

Goto page 54 of this PDF

You will find listings for ALL wheels, numbers next to technical illustrations will match with part numbers and listings on the right hand side. On the far right-hand side you will see what bike applications suit each part number, in short parts listings that match bike.

The parts list also gives spoke lengths and nipples to match. For example; some wheel applications both take 238mm and 243mm length spokes, (using front 17" wheels as an examle here!), but some use M3.5 nipples and some use M4 niples. So pick the correct part number for your bike application and you will have exact length and nipple size. The angle the nipple locates the spoke is dictated by the nipple holes pressed into your rim, correct spoke length means the nipples will locate correctly! :D
Wonkmeister

Postby handsomejackuk » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:48 am

wheel rebuilding,

Thanks for reply on that, I gonna visit someone tonight to rebuild my wheel for me 85quid to put new polished stainless spoke and rebuild wheel spokes supplied . At the same time I am going to get my rim polished, and my hub sand blasted and powder coated. then onto the back wheel gotta do something to stop me fro going insane during these winter months..

Alun
handsomejackuk

Postby Wonkmeister » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:40 am

Cool
Wonkmeister

Postby handsomejackuk » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:15 pm

rebuilt wheel,

Just a couple of pjcs of my newly rebuilt front wheel...
IMG0148A.jpg
IMG0148A.jpg (495.06 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
IMAG0233.JPG
IMAG0233.JPG (237.48 KiB) Viewed 1783 times
handsomejackuk

Return to 660 cc