Seat Attachment on MZ Baghira

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Seat Attachment on MZ Baghira

Postby BlueRidgePanther » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:29 pm

I have a 2001 Black Panther with a stock seat and a major problem. My "screw" fasteners that hold the seat on are unable to tighten because they dont go down far enough into the plastic. I've lost quite a few fasteners this way. There are three of them, and it seems that the back one comes out first, then the left, then the right. It's a real pain.
Has anyone come up with a better way of keeping the Baghira seat on?
Thanks in advance!
BlueRidgePanther

Re: Seat Attachment on MZ Baghira

Postby keithcross » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:31 pm

I had the problem with the rear one falling out, and left it out as it was a real pain to fit.
As for the screws that fix the saddle to the tank, its normally just a matter of getting the saddle in just the right position. It could be that the fixing in the tank is damaged, try putting the screws in without the saddle being their.
I had one of these fixings break internally and used a rawlplug (plastic wall fixing for wood screws) and a self tapping screw. Be careful though or you could hole the tank.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby OLDMTNCARVER » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:31 pm

BRP,

Check that the washers are the originals.
I had the same problem as both you and Keith until I noticed the one that kept coming out had a standard washer and relalized that the other (original washer) had a recessed center area where the fastneers head, when seated was flush with the top serface of the washer.

Regards,
OMC
OLDMTNCARVER

Postby Wonkmeister » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:03 am

The ZEUS fasteners in question need to be inserted at the corrected angle or they do not locate the locking part of the tank insert. If your having problems with them try putting a nylon washer under the head to help make the fixing more secure, same as the underseat fixing, they do wear slightly with age and obviously pulsing from the single cylinder motor. Once a washer is used you will usualy find this sorts them out. The tank ones need to be inserted first but make sure you push the seat forward as far as it will go before trying to fastener it at the tank!
Wonkmeister

Postby BlueRidgePanther » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:15 pm

My local ex-MZ dealer is having trouble getting the seat screws and washers. Does anyone know of a dealer that might still have some, or, maybe better yet, an English speaking dealer outside of the US that I could order directly from?
BlueRidgePanther

Postby Wonkmeister » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:11 pm

I'll get you a price! I can send them to you...or go to http://grahamsmotorcycles.com/
Wonkmeister

Postby BlueRidgePanther » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:22 pm

Wonkmeister wrote:I'll get you a price! I can send them to you.

Yeah, that sounds great!
BlueRidgePanther

Postby BlueRidgePanther » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:22 pm

Does anyone know how long the Dzus fasteners are on the baghira? Are they the "Lion" type listed on this site http://www.southco.com/product/default.aspx?hid=7514 or are they "dart" type or "panex"? Would any of the products at this site work for the bike?
BlueRidgePanther

Postby roeleman » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:51 am

I noticed you have toadjust the tank position to fit the seat better. Don't put it to much in the front, when you losen the bolt under the saddle You can move it a little bit in the back. Now your seat will fit beter. For the back screw, I used a thick rubber washer.
Since I did this adjustements, I don't have problems anymore.

Regards.
roeleman

Postby a4boltman » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:05 pm

There a listing on ebay which includes all the correct sized Dzus studs...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MZ-BAGHIRA-Se ... 1e8dbe353c
a4boltman

Return to 660 cc