post your ride?

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: post your ride?

Postby handsomejackuk » Fri May 09, 2008 4:50 pm

Graham,

nice bike mate, very wild colour scheme. bet it is difficult to keep the frame clean. what silencer are you running looks like you got a bsm system same as me ? With regard to the mastiff musguard, I would like to fit a low mudguard to mine. That is a low rear part and a high front part that way i could keep the front end of the bike clean and still retain the supermoto look by using a high forn part... how does the mudguard attach to the forks ? Also does the bracket contain some kind of fork brace.
looks like you are u.k judging by the plates on yer jags

Al.
I'm a schizophrenic so am I !!!!
handsomejackuk

Postby iceman » Fri May 16, 2008 12:03 am

Here is my 03,i tried last spring to join and i guess there were problems back then,so 1 year later success !!
Last edited by iceman on Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby Bill Jurgenson » Fri May 16, 2008 1:29 pm

Basically, the bike is ready to go - ready to go to inspection that is. I have mounted and original can so as to at least not have that hassle. After it has passed, (??) I plan to put the L&W can on that was originally on the bike from the beginning. A specially made can, one of only a very few, It is short, lighter, a hell of lot louder and delivers ±5hp more on the brake.
Once it is sorted, I will probably put the bottom faring on again as well.
wieder fit.jpg
wieder fit.jpg (297.53 KiB) Viewed 8814 times

For the time being, tho, it is too much trouble to keep removing it to get at stuff. I need to sort the carb which was not on this engine and was loaned out last year and certianly completely changed.
A few(!! ha!) rattles and sqeaks, to dampen, too. No balancer...
Bill Jurgenson

Postby Bill Jurgenson » Sat May 17, 2008 1:21 am

my other ride already posted here beofre , This is a much better picture.:

not forgetting the 1954 BSA

and the 1978 Ducati 900ss tho that one is not mine.

both of these also posted before.
Bill Jurgenson

Postby keithcross » Sat May 17, 2008 3:35 am

Like other I have included pictures of my other rides

This is my daily ride a 2006 Aprilia Pegaso Strada. Brought as a new bike in May 2007, the odometer went to 10,000 miles this morning.

And for longer rides I use this:

A 1990 Honda GL1500. Brought in 1997, with 27,000 miles on the clock, it now has 109,000 on it with only normal service items being replaced. The only time an engine case has been removed was to replace the clutch plates and spring at 103,000 miles.
Packing for a trip at the moment. Going to a Goldwing rally in Geiselwing (96160), Germany with my wife and some friends. Arriving this Wednesday and staying until the 25th of May. I will be stopping in Koln on Tuesday night, hoping to arrive there by early afternoon.
Looking forward to the ride.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby iceman » Mon May 19, 2008 7:49 pm

Keith,nice bike.this is my sport/tour.I got it new 2 years ago in Feb.06 as a leftover 04 ,10,500 miles on it now, just out of warranty and i need fork seals... John
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby m4panther » Tue May 20, 2008 8:06 pm

Here we go
My MZ Family
zip tied plate and yes there are no mirrors
removed baffle big difference
L.E.D turn signals
home made brake pedal tip and an oil leaking frame
My side panel is cracked and has zip tied stitches. and the Rear L.E.D. turn signal
welded hub ripped off the sprocket a few years ago
Airbox vent 1 of six visible
Side booby shot
fat bars and speedo
If it bleeds for a week and doesnt die....Dont' trust it!
2001 Black Panther
2004 1000s
m4panther

Postby el-mar » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:46 pm

el-mar

Postby iceman » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:26 am

El-mar,looks nice.
Seeing you have a military theme going in the background i thought i would post my military background.

John Lennon
iceman

Postby Sue » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:40 pm

Just had to share with you... my first touring trip in which I DIDNT break down!!! Yay!! Seems the electrical problems are under control for now... coped really well with several hundred miles this weekend, and even a huge deluge (which is normally when it decides to break down). More confident to go further afield now! :-D
Friend of mine made me a bracket for the top box to go on, fits onto the existing grab rails too and really quick to remove the whole thing when needed. One very happy bunny! :D :D

Was enjoying the incredibly twisty roads in Lincolnshire to stop and take scenic pictures :wink: Will try and take a break on my next trip, touring the Cornwall coast to get some prettier pictures.
Sue

Postby Fil » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:30 pm

Thought it was about time I stuck a pic up of my slowly evolving old Mastiff - she's 10 years old now since I bought her new back in 1998 :-D
All modifications done by myself - nothing major, but she's getting there slowly. Unfortunately you can't see the best modification I made so far in the picture - the Harrison Billet 6 pot front caliper :smt007
Attachments
sml July 08 1.jpg
sml July 08 1.jpg (174.87 KiB) Viewed 8420 times
Fil

Postby handsomejackuk » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:55 pm

great ride,
just a bit of advice, get some KTM rad guards dont cost much about £12 i think, will protect yer rad from stone chips.ask at any local KTM dealers the are east to fit just clip on.

noticed you removed your pillion pegs. i did the same and put the tax disk holder in the unused lower hole at least it looks like it supposed to be there.

Since you removed the rear pegs you probably are not carrying pasengers . I removed the hand rail grab rail thingy and made a couple of plastic plates to cover up the holes really cleans up the back end.............

notice you got no speedo cable, what are you using ?

I got a halfords 12 function cycle speedo on mine, with a magnet fron a £1 shop magnetic pickup tool inserted into a disk bolt (not even glued) just stays in there!! works a treat had it up to 94m.p.h. the other day.

Good work Though. Get some pics of your six pot up would like to see them...

Cheers Jak
handsomejackuk

Postby Fil » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:02 am

Thanks Jak.

I keep meaning to get the rad guards, just never got round to it. I bet I'll get a stone through one now I've said that!

I also have the tax disc in the lower pillion peg hole on the other side, although I had to trim the holder a bit as the side stand hit it when folded up.

I want to replace the grabrails with some sort of small rack so I can stick a bag on there. Any ideas as to what's available?

For the speedo - I was one of the first on here to use an Acewell unit, altough I wish I had got the one with built in idiot lights... There's a pic of it somewhere on the forum before I changed from the Mastiff twin lights to the Acerbis light I now have. I chose it because it has a rev counter, couple of trips, a clock, back light and a proper odometer. It's been very reliable so far touch wood.

I'll try and get a pic of the other side so you can see the 6 pot caliper :wink:
Fil

Postby handsomejackuk » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:51 am

Fil,

there is an oficial rack available for baghira, not sure how much it costs. I did have it on mine but decided to take it off as it was to bulky.

Someone did say to me the other day that my tax disk was on the wrong side. Not bothered though never been queried about it.

Rad guards are good idea. get 'em when you can.

As for the speedo, I not sure what to do about mine yet. I got it blanked off at the moment and a digital cycle speedo stuck over the top. I am still tempted by the Trail Tech Vapor, costs around £100 with the dash. On the other hand, I have been thinking about a Navigo widescreen Sat Nav,( http://www.ebuyer.com/product/136328 ) £74.99. and making a custom dash with the idiot lights, and retaining my cycle speedo.

. At the moment, my rear tyre is shot so need that first and an oil change. so other mods will have to wait..

Cheers Jak
handsomejackuk

Postby Fil » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:28 pm

If you still have the rack, do you fancy selling it to me Jak???

I would definately check out the Acewell speedos mate, you can get one with idiot lights built in (nice and neat), a tacho (there's a feed on the CDI unit that just plugs into the speedo unit), proper backlight for night riding and they're waterproof for about the same price as the Trailtech. I'm not sure, but I think some of the Trailtechs don't have tachos.

Tax disk should be on nearside (left). I heard a story of someone who got reported by a traffic warden because there was no tax dick visible on the left side of the bike, even though it was on the right instead :roll:
Fil

PreviousNext

Return to 660 cc