Scorpian Sport

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Scorpian Sport

Postby keithcross » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:51 pm

Dont know if this model is available in the USA, but take a look at what is available in Europe.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... otohosting

Keith--
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby Ben » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:13 am

Hi Keithcross,

this bike is in original a Skorpion Sport.

To see at the fastening spots at the framework for the half shell lining.
Also the lamp mounting plate is not original.

Greetings
Ben
Ben

Postby Whysub » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:58 am

The half fairing is missing-probably taken off so that a headlight that works can be fitted! The original is absolute rubbish, but hope to fit the HID unit I have just received (thanks Sean!).

The rest of it looks like it should. I wanted the Cup Replica, which has upgraded suspension and a few engine/carb/frame changes, but they are very rare here.

Incidentally, I saw another Skorpion Sport yesterday in the SE1 area of London just yesterday, only the third I have ever seen in the flesh.
Moto Guzzi V1200 Sport
Honda CBR600 F-V
Suzuki SV650S -Y
Yamaha Vity
Suzuki Hokuto
Whysub

Postby keithcross » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:53 pm

Whysub

Engine and carb changes? Tell me more, maybe these changes could be fitted to other models with the 660 motor fitted.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby Whysub » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:05 am

Keith

Trying to find the spec sheets I had that identified the differences.

I have a load of OVER bits (cam and a load of gearbox parts) and a carb I was going to put on the Baggy, but, as it still has 18 months warranty to go, and I seem to use it as my main bike in preference to anything else I have, I’ve decided to put all these parts on to the Skorpion.

This I will and use this as a test bed for the engine tuning bits and bobs I have acquired over the last year or so. I have decided not to fit them myself, but to ask if Steve Ruth if he can rebuild the motor for me (he is always busy building motors for himself and other supermono racers) but I am in no hurry. I need to find the money to pay him first!

The HID light conversion I bought from Sean is the first thing I will have to do-perhaps then I will get used to it as standard before the reworking gets done.
Moto Guzzi V1200 Sport
Honda CBR600 F-V
Suzuki SV650S -Y
Yamaha Vity
Suzuki Hokuto
Whysub

Postby phlat65 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:32 pm

glad to hear you got it OK!! get it fitted, and let us know what you think..
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Postby Whysub » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:36 am

Phlat

Will try and get it fitted over Christmas, as the present I have bought the missus may give me a couple of brownie points-if she likes it, that is.

Haven't yet told her that I'm off to Mallory Park on Boxing Day, so maybe it won't get done until the first week in January. But I have planned out where to site the boxes-but I may have to contact you if I come across problems when fitting it.

First job is to cut off the rear of the light and get rid of the (extremely rattly and usless) projector housings.

Photo's will, of course, be posted up once done.
Moto Guzzi V1200 Sport
Honda CBR600 F-V
Suzuki SV650S -Y
Yamaha Vity
Suzuki Hokuto
Whysub

Return to 660 cc