single underseat exhaust

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Postby bikemike » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:00 pm

I have yet to see it but inside the stock 996/748 can is a stainless steel unit with a baffle (ever try to drill it out? I did). BCM will send a perforated core piece and a couple of weld on sockets for it. You remove the end cap and then the shell and packing. Install the new perferated core, packing and shell and re-rivet the end cap.

Note: this is what I have been told, I have yet to do it. I should know a lot more next week!

Mike
bikemike

Postby phlat65 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:06 pm

I drilled the end cap rivets out of mine, and the end cap would not come off! I tried everything...
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Postby bikemike » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:59 pm

Like I say, I don't know nothin' yet but I have been talking to BCM for a bit about this. It is possible (even likely) that the end cap will not come off when you remove the rivets but what will happen is the shell can be pulled off going away from the end cap. Actually, in saying this, I am thinking this is the only thing that makes sense. I am under the impression that the core conduit, if you will, is welded to both the inlet and outlet and it is the shell that is removable for repacking.
I can't wait to give this a try!

Mike
bikemike

Postby bikemike » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:03 pm

Just an update on this unit..I cored the Ducati can in January and it sounds so good you would not believe it. Deep and aggressive yet legal (just barely). It didn't really need any jet changes, checks of the plug look good and it has no flat spot so I'm lettin it ride. Yesterday I turned 3500 klicks on the odo and not a problem of any type yet with the bike. I guess it is time for a valve adjustment (a little late I imagine) but it is going to get done this week, I promise! Glad you are all doing well.

Mike :D
bikemike

Previous

Return to 660 cc