suspension settings

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

suspension settings

Postby bry_d » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:26 pm

hello all i'm looking to have a muck about with the suspension settings on my black panther to get it to feel a bit more planted on the road . i was wondering what you guys have yours set at as mine is on standard settings and i think the front end seems a bit soft at the moment and the back is a bit vague
all ideas welcome
cheers
bry_d

Postby keithcross » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:45 pm

Hi

I just wound the settings on the damping up 2 clcks all round. Seems to help.
You could wind the rear spring up a bit,but to change the front requires either a new spring ora spacerto increase the pre load.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby boysie » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:07 pm

Well, I know it's out of character, but I wound the rear spring off slightly, then dropped the forks through the yokes about 12mm ( this requires spacers under the bar clamps) also remove a further 6mm from the preload spacers that reside under the springs, along with a good quality fork oil..

What this does in affect is not to make the bike softer, just make it ride a little lower [fine as ground clearance isn't an issue for road use] and speed up the steering slightly.
boysie

Postby andyw » Wed May 17, 2006 4:19 am

boysie wrote:Well, I know it's out of character, but I wound the rear spring off slightly, then dropped the forks through the yokes about 12mm ( this requires spacers under the bar clamps) also remove a further 6mm from the preload spacers that reside under the springs, along with a good quality fork oil..

What this does in affect is not to make the bike softer, just make it ride a little lower [fine as ground clearance isn't an issue for road use] and speed up the steering slightly.

I'd be interested in more info - what fork oil? - spacers for fork clamps??
2005 R1200GS - 2002 MZ Mastiff: No more :-(

http://www.MotorcycleInfo.co.uk
andyw

Postby BRAAAP ! » Wed May 17, 2006 2:50 pm

I would recommend making a note of the standard settings before you fiddle or you could really mess the handling up and not know what to set it back to. . .

or was that just me ?

:-D
two wheels good, four wheels bad. . . .
BRAAAP !

Postby andyw » Sun May 21, 2006 11:05 am

Yes, learnt that one the hard way :lol:

Bump..........anyone??!!
2005 R1200GS - 2002 MZ Mastiff: No more :-(

http://www.MotorcycleInfo.co.uk
andyw

Return to 660 cc