Project Cafe Rocket 686 begins. Finally!

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: Project Cafe Rocket 686 begins. Finally!

Postby dandywarhol » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:26 pm

edfmaniac wrote:Thanks. I appreciate it. Since I realized that the caliper bolts to the outside of the bracket, unlike the original equipment, I've determined that the Ducati bracket could be made to work. My problem now is the diameter of the rotor. Evidently the SZR disc is smaller than both the Ducati and the MZ discs. Looks like I'm either going to have to wait on an SZR bracket to show up on Ebay or I'm going to have to come up with a custom built or universal type bracket. I've even offered finder's fees to a few bike breakers in Europe and still haven't heard anything.

Give these guys a try http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BA-Bikes?_trks ... 7675.l2563 , I got stuff from them and found them very helpful and they have several SZR/MZs in bits
Whale oil beef hooked
dandywarhol

Postby droy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Check you PM. I might have an option for you.
[b]Gang of Four
1997 Replica
1995 Sport (Converted to Tour)
1996 Sport (Café Racer Project)
1996 Tour (Track Day Project)
Montclair, NJ USA
droy

Postby edfmaniac » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:44 am

Tarwetijger wrote:Mind you that the SZR takes the chassis from the TZR. I don't know the exact model but there are several on ebay:
http://www.ebay.nl/sch/i.html?_odkw=szr ... t&_sacat=0

It's the Belgarda model only that is the same as the SZR but thanks.

szr660caliperplate.JPG
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby edfmaniac » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:45 am

dandywarhol wrote:
edfmaniac wrote:Thanks. I appreciate it. Since I realized that the caliper bolts to the outside of the bracket, unlike the original equipment, I've determined that the Ducati bracket could be made to work. My problem now is the diameter of the rotor. Evidently the SZR disc is smaller than both the Ducati and the MZ discs. Looks like I'm either going to have to wait on an SZR bracket to show up on Ebay or I'm going to have to come up with a custom built or universal type bracket. I've even offered finder's fees to a few bike breakers in Europe and still haven't heard anything.

Give these guys a try http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BA-Bikes?_trks ... 7675.l2563 , I got stuff from them and found them very helpful and they have several SZR/MZs in bits

That's who I purchased my Brembo wheels from. They already sold the bracket. :(
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby twinlinemoto » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:28 am

Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe this bracket is the same as the Ducati 620/750/900 monster and 750/900 supersport. These models all use the same brembo wheels and calipers... might be worth a check?
twinlinemoto

Postby edfmaniac » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:30 pm

Close but not the same. The diameter of the brake rotors are different, the axles are different, the offset between the planes of the brake caliper and wheel spacer surfaces are different, and the thickness at the axle is different. I can work with all of those except the rotor diameter. If I can't find the correct bracket, I'll probably have one made that will be all one piece, instead of a mass of bushings and shims etc.
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby twinlinemoto » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:20 pm

Damn, I thought that would have been great. Is the SZR the only one with that rotor diameter? If you didn't already have SZR wheels, would the ducati wheels work?
twinlinemoto

Postby dandywarhol » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:24 pm

edfmaniac wrote:Close but not the same. The diameter of the brake rotors are different, the axles are different, the offset between the planes of the brake caliper and wheel spacer surfaces are different, and the thickness at the axle is different. I can work with all of those except the rotor diameter. If I can't find the correct bracket, I'll probably have one made that will be all one piece, instead of a mass of bushings and shims etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-SZR-66 ... SwJcZWc5Wp
Whale oil beef hooked
dandywarhol

Postby edfmaniac » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:54 pm

That's it!!!! That's the part I need. The seller says they won't ship to the USA but I have sent them a message begging them to reconsider. If they decline, would you be willing to help a fellow MZ fan out and be the middle man, assuming they will ship to your country. I would reimburse in some way of course. This is a very hard to find item.
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby dandywarhol » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:48 am

Yes
Whale oil beef hooked
dandywarhol

Postby edfmaniac » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:19 am

Well no word from the seller on shipping to the US so I'm officially begging for someone in Europe to help me get this thing shipped to Texas. I have a 100% rating on Ebay, and no complaints from people who I've sold to on this site, so I'm trustworthy. Any help would be appreciated. I prefer Paypal. Thanks.
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby edfmaniac » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:23 am

dandywarhol wrote:
edfmaniac wrote:Close but not the same. The diameter of the brake rotors are different, the axles are different, the offset between the planes of the brake caliper and wheel spacer surfaces are different, and the thickness at the axle is different. I can work with all of those except the rotor diameter. If I can't find the correct bracket, I'll probably have one made that will be all one piece, instead of a mass of bushings and shims etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-SZR-66 ... SwJcZWc5Wp

I'm curious how you found this listing. I've been doing searches for this thing for a while, and even copy/pasted the heading for the item into the search window on the very page it's listed on, and the search engine will not pull it up. Only the direct link, or looking through the sellers inventory reveals that the part is actually available. Frustrated. :?
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby edfmaniac » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:37 am

Found someone on another forum that will help. :)
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby dandywarhol » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:55 pm

edfmaniac wrote:Found someone on another forum that will help. :)

Good one

I'm curious to know what part of my reply "Yes" you didn't understand earlier today when you asked for help to get it?? :?

Glad you're sorted out

Alan.
Last edited by dandywarhol on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whale oil beef hooked
dandywarhol

Postby edfmaniac » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:08 pm

dandywarhol wrote:
edfmaniac wrote:Found someone on another forum that will help. :)

Good one

I'm curious to know what part of my reply "Yes" you didn't understand earlier today when you asked for help to get it?? :?

Glad you're sorted out

Alan

I don't know how I missed it. Sorry and thank you for the find. It is very much appreciated.
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

PreviousNext

Return to 660 cc