Baghira Exhaust

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: Baghira Exhaust

Postby Glidd » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:33 pm

After the disappointment with the GPR system I got in touch with OS Pipes near Stafford (http://www.osmc.co.uk)who made exhausts for MZ Scorpions in the past and as well as making full stainless steel systems for just about anything Roy supplies stainless fasteners. I made the trip to Stafford where after removing the standard exhaust Roy fabricated pipe and we agreed the position of the silencer so he could make and weld the brackets in place. A week later I collected the fully welded and polished system, complete with BS stamps, and fitted it a couple of days ago, took the bike out today and I'm really impressed. There is a significant boost in torque in the mid range, no popping on overrun or deceleration and it sounds bloody marvellous. It was well worth the effort and if you want a craftsman built system get in touch with Roy at OS Pipes.

Dave
Attachments
ospipes.JPG
2003 Baghira SM
1995 ZZR1100
Redditch
UK
Glidd

Postby therealche » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:23 am

That's a blast from the past! used to get loads of stainless stuff from Roy when I had my Guzzis
ES250 Doppelport, ES250, ES250/1, ES250/2,ETS 250, ES150, ETS150, BK350, IWL Pitty, SR56 Wiesel, SR59 Berlin, Troll............ and thats just the German two strokes!
http://thecomeconcollection.blogspot.com/
therealche

Postby Glidd » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:26 pm

The workshop probably hasn't changed much over the years which is a good thing, Nigel who runs NWS has every bit full of classic Guzzi from the 60's onwards, California to Le Mans including my favourite, the café racer with the alloy tank. Roy still makes pipes for North Leicester Motorcycles with a Morini 3 1/2 tucked away as a template for the next run. Great place to spend some time
Attachments
NWS2.JPG
NWS guzzi.JPG
2003 Baghira SM
1995 ZZR1100
Redditch
UK
Glidd

Postby Gilleyb1 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:45 pm

Hi Dave
Mine has a Vampire can on, nice sound, and only loud when you crack it open.
Regards
Steve
Gilleyb1

Postby poppanitrous » Tue May 06, 2014 4:22 pm

I ordered an exhaust for my MZ SKORPION and got this by accident years back and want to know what MZ its for,looks like a high header for a supermoto,since we dont have many MZs here in the USA,i dont have any to compare it to and pictures are hard to tell exactly. It has threaded tabs for a heat shield.

Im looking to sell for best offer, PAYPAL preferred.
poppanitrous

Postby Glidd » Thu May 08, 2014 2:26 pm

They are off the Baghira/Mastiff 660, good luck with your sale
2003 Baghira SM
1995 ZZR1100
Redditch
UK
Glidd

Postby Fortflory » Thu May 22, 2014 9:06 pm

Well I cut a Bagahira exhaust open and it was NOT easy. Thick and heavy. But the lower section must have been the spark arrest-or. It was empty. There is a screen between the small section and the main muffler. The main exhaust has three chambers. The first one is empty also. There is a 2" tube that runs over to section three. Also empty. Then another 2" tube runs back to chamber two (empty) and has a 4" screen wrapped around the final exhaust pipe which exits the muffler. Not much there but I did remove all of the screening. I cut a piece of sheet metal 1/4 " larger than the original hole. Pre-screwed holes, used exhaust epoxy and put it all back together. Sanded the exterior, painted with a shiny hi-heat (1500*) paint and installed the chromed heat shield. Looks good but I haven't mounted it yet. Should sound better but shouldn't have to piddle with the carbs.
Fortflory

Postby Srinath » Sun May 25, 2014 8:16 am

That is how most exhausts are. 3 chambers, gas gets into 1, then goes to 3 passing through 2 via thin tube, then back to 2 via hole in the wall, then go through 3 to outside via thin tube. On the SV1000 site there was a long thread about how to cut the outer wall around the tube then hammer that tube till its broken free from the welding in the wall between 1 and 2 and you pull it out leaving a gaping hole in all the walls, thereby making a near straightline flow.
I did that, then took a piece of perforated tubing and welded it to the snout so it has a "baffle" and it can be packed. Makes it sound more burbly.
GS 500 exhausts are also the same BTW.
I'd venture to guess every bile that has a sport bike look exhaust (not the megaphones or the ones that look like a cigar etc) are that way.

Cool.
Srinath.
Srinath

Postby tcuttter » Mon May 26, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi Dave
I've got a superb exhaust for your MZ (see pic).
No alterations needed it bolts straight on to your current pipe.
Sounds superb and though its not officially road legal its always passed the MOT.
I'm looking for £170 inc p&p.
Let me know if you are interested.
Regards

Tony
7.JPG
tcuttter

Postby Glidd » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:29 am

That looks good Tony, I did get sorted though, thanks.

Dave
2003 Baghira SM
1995 ZZR1100
Redditch
UK
Glidd

Previous

Return to 660 cc