Plug spanner Baggie

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Plug spanner Baggie

Postby irishnutjars » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Anyone recommend a plug spanner I could buy for a Baghira. I went thru just about every one in a friendly bike shop last plug change & managed to get one to fit without stripping off anything. It's time I owned one of my very own.
irishnutjars

Re: Plug spanner Baggie

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:21 pm

if its an 18 mm get one at sears and make sure it says for spark plug use only that way it has a thin wall and will fit bikes spark plugs

bought one about a month ago to fit my 500 rotax motor

dave
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby handsomejackuk » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:15 am

jutin, you need a long plug spanner the type suplied with most motorbikes, i find a long handled screwdriver throughthe hols in top and you can get it out... sometimes you may have to pull the plug spanner out between the two radiators, and get your fingers, or some blue tack to hold on to the plug. i did mine a few weeks ago and know how hard it is to get out.... especially if you have big fingers or its cold
I'm a schizophrenic so am I !!!!
handsomejackuk

Postby irishnutjars » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:42 pm

I've changed the plug a few times in my ownership & usually had to rummage thru my friendly local bike mechanics toolbox to get one to fit- yes the in between the radiator 'trick' does the job but as my baggie came without a plug spanner I was hoping someone could point me toward where I could buy one :)
irishnutjars

Postby ericetz301 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:28 am

seasons greetings,
I know this isnt what was asked for, but I thought I`d mention it anyway. :D as getting the plug out is a nightmare :twisted:

I found the plug spanner supplied in the origanal tool kit works well with a slight modification,
first remove the rubber plug that grips the plug.
shorten the spanner by about 1/4in. (5mm)
drill a second pair of holes for the tommy bar between the existing ones.
add to your tool tool kit a short length of rubber tube/fuel line, that is a snug push fit onto the plug insulator.
now the technique.
losen the plug by a couple of turns, hence the extra tommy bar holes.
remove the plug panner.
now use the rubber tube to push over the insulator on the plug and unscrew and take out.
to refit reverse steps
cheers Eric.
ericetz301

Return to 660 cc