Brake Pads for Brembo Set Up

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Brake Pads for Brembo Set Up

Postby Kcfirebolt » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi,

Bought a brembo caliper and master from a Mito across the pond. Planning on running it on my race bike this year, looking for better stopping power. Gordon Hamilton turned me on to some great pads to use with the stock setup, and I'd really like to use them with the brembo set up. Looks like the pads slot right in (haven't tried yet, too damn cold out there). Does any one know it the pads are interchangeable?

BTW, these are great pads on the track. Still grateful that Gordon turned me onto them.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WO ... UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for your thoughts.

Charles
Kcfirebolt

Re: Brake Pads for Brembo Set Up

Postby basser23 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:43 pm

I have that Brembo on my skorp....works very well...pads look the same, mine are for a Ducati(EBC brand)
basser23

Postby pod35 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:48 am

I swapped for the same brembo caliper and swapped the pads at the same time. They seemed to be identical to the ones in the second hand brembo and I used the ones from my grimeca caliper because they were quite new and matched to the disc. They work perfectly. Aiming to do the same at the rear as soon as the gs500 wheel is in.
R reg Tour 99,500km and counting....... now in 99,500 bits and counting
pod35

Postby Kcfirebolt » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:17 am

Thanks guys. Good to know. I really like those pads.

Do the brembos give you additional stopping power, or is it the change more about better feel at the disc, resistance to fade, etc?
Kcfirebolt

Postby pod35 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:59 pm

I don't race so have never pushed the front that hard but I found that there was much more feel at the lever, braking power seems much the same but it doesn't grab when you first apply the brake allowing more progressive braking. Caliper is lighter too.
R reg Tour 99,500km and counting....... now in 99,500 bits and counting
pod35

Postby basser23 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Ditto pods reply...more progressive feel....works very very well
basser23

Postby Kcfirebolt » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:45 pm

Wanted to close the loop on this thread. I just returned from racing at NOLA, and I'm happy to report that the Brembo brake set up worked well. Better feel with equal stopping power. It was a little tricky to get everything to fit and the brake caliper split line is not exactly centered on the disc, but it seemed to perform well. The real test will come at Road America in June while braking for turn 5.
Kcfirebolt

Return to 660 cc