Skorpion fuel tap?

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Skorpion fuel tap?

Postby andyd » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi,

Newbie to the forum, but have been happily running my skorpion for about 8 years.

Does anyone know of a cross reference for the Skorpion fuel tap?

Or suppliers of a rebuild kit? The bike has been off the road for a while getting some love, and predictably, after lying dry, the tap now leaks.

Any advice appricated, thanks a lot,

andy
andyd

Re: Skorpion fuel tap?

Postby basser23 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:56 pm

welcome aboard,
does it leak in all positions? When off/on/reserve? and from where?
Mine leaked in the on positon but not the reserve position. there is a screw on screen at the petcock bottom td rehat was leaking.
it was removed,cleaned and reinstalled. problem solved....try it..
Acerbis make a petcock that fit also...
basser23

Postby andyd » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:47 am

Thanks basser,

I have now bought an acerbis petcock.

However, I put the seals in from a spare tap I had. Just to check... So it leaked at first, but by morning, it was dry. I guess the seals were softened and became swollen by being immersed in petrol.

Am not sure if it was originally leaking in the on position. But it did in reserve, and continued to leak when turned off.

I will see how long it lasts (not long I suspect), and then either replace it with the acerbis one, or see if the seals from the new acerbis ones can be used in the existing tap.

Thanks guys, very useful,

andy
andyd

Postby edfmaniac » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:40 pm

If you ever ride the bike aggressively, you need to replace the stock petcock anyway. The flow is so poor that you can empty the bowl in the carb after a few long pulls on the throttle. My bike experienced the problem only a few times on the road but it was obvious on the dyno.
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby Gilleyb1 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:23 am

Hi Edfmaniac
That has maybe just cleared something up for me, i was riding my Bahgira recently and gave it some beans down the local dual carriageway, throttle fully open, it felt like it was going on reserve (which it wasnt) i thought fuel starvation and rolled off the throttle and it picked back up again. Anyway else had this happen to them?
Thanks
Gilleyb1

Postby edfmaniac » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:38 pm

Enter "petcock" into the search window at the top of the forum page. There are plenty of discussions on this topic. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6822&p=35588&hilit=petcock#p35588
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Return to 660 cc