2002 MZ SKORPION 660 electrical issue..HELP!!!!!! florida

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: 2002 MZ SKORPION 660 electrical issue..HELP!!!!!! florid

Postby poppanitrous » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:40 pm

Highly improbable, after approx 2k miles on brand new top end there were no compression issues.
The head we did a leakdown test before it went back in the bike. The issue was never mechanical,it is electrical,after i left it at a machine shop that was just supposed to make a brake caliper pin on the lathe and clean my carbs and remive airbox when i was recovering from a fractured vertebrae,so when i picked it up the machine shop most likely knew they shorted something by accident,hence the reason my battery was mysteriously dead when i had it picked up,but i trusted the guy...Found the issue today,ordering parts from GRAHAMS.
Appreciate the help from the guys who sent me the manuals.
Thanks again
poppanitrous

Postby den » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:47 pm

OMG come on mate ,, dont leave us hanging,, what was the problem that caused your problem :twisted:
Oh mutly,,you did it again,she he he he he ehheheheh
den

Postby poppanitrous » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:00 pm

Well i have to run some wires first,and im going to buy a micro switch from radio shack or use one off my nitrous kit, for the kickstand switch, i dont know which one it is but im not getting a complete circuit.
A couple guys just sent me a perfect wiring diagram but its not visible wheni print it.
So im going to have to bring IPAD to my garage this weekend and see if i can find which one is causing the short.i will promise to video record and send youtube link of my MZ running again after years in storage.
poppanitrous

Postby Srinath » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:47 pm

Its starting but wont stay running ?
The side stand switch will likely be out all the time.
Cool.
Srinath.
Srinath

Postby iktank » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:10 pm

Fixing the neutral switch is quite easy it is an inline diode in the main loom to the left hand side of the battery, I replaced mine as I had the same issue.
I will try and find my post where I fixed it and find the pictures I took

Edit - link to my previous post
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6707

Edit 2
Found my pictures but dont know how to post them, PM me if you want me to sent them - there not very good but show what you need to do
iktank

Previous

Return to 660 cc