MY BAGHIRA FIRST OIL CHANGE EXPIRIENCE!

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

MY BAGHIRA FIRST OIL CHANGE EXPIRIENCE!

Postby shoebox1 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:41 pm

wow.. these things are something else...ok ive been reading and reading and getting ready to change the oil and run the valves. well the plastics are off at paint and the bike is kind of apart at this point but still running. so I drain the 17mm drain plug crack the 2 allens on the oil hose to the front tube and the 22 coarse banjo nut with screen. get all those draining.. real good. turn the oil filter lower bolt 5 turns per manual and then remove all 3. at this point the engine is "open to atmosphere" and should be empty. so I put the oil filter together per manual, install 17mm drain tighten the allen s on the oil hose and then the 22 coarse with screen. proceed to fill with 2.65 qts of 20 50 Valvoline motorcycle blend. run, crack filter bleeder. rags handy. no mess. !! oil did come out but not heavy no air in oil seen or heard. check level on side stand after 1min.. had to add 1/2 qt sounds familiar yes? ok now here comes the 5min road test... ooops I cant drive cause bike is apart. run upright in garage for 5-10 mins. good n warmed up. lttle rev here and there... side stand. let cool little bit. check level. way full over top! almost coming out of frame. total input prior to this point was approx. 3.5qts I think. remove oil filter bleeder no air or oil comes out. run again with bleeder way loose up right too and did get drip drip drip on ground. put it back on side stand came in kinda frustrated. had a bad day anyway... check it cold on side stand tomorrow? or does it have to been driven? I really don't want to have it on a jack running in garage.. also throughout all this the oil level on stick looked aerated and went from golden clean to lil darker,,,,,
shoebox1

Re: MY BAGHIRA FIRST OIL CHANGE EXPIRIENCE!

Postby shoebox1 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:50 pm

just went back out there... I put a total of 3.65 qts of oil in the bike. I think im 1/2 overfull...?
shoebox1

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Tue May 20, 2014 8:57 pm

if you think this is fun
try a 1995 MZ saxon tour with the 500 rotax motor
as my dad would say "It is a MELL of a HESS"

DAVE
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby edfmaniac » Tue May 20, 2014 10:48 pm

A manual would be nice. :wink:

On a Skorpion, you only put about 2 qts in it after a change. Run the bike until completely warmed up and then top it off. I think it took about 2.5 total, never more than 3 qts. The Raptor 660 oil tank that is on it now won't hold more than 3 either.
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby den » Wed May 21, 2014 2:56 am

I personally check my levels befor i start , the keep all the oil i drain out and measure it ,,that way i know i've got the right amount in and theres no air pockets.
Oh mutly,,you did it again,she he he he he ehheheheh
den

Postby shoebox1 » Wed May 21, 2014 8:02 pm

Drained the .5 qt and all is well. The whole thing is intimidating until its done!
Not a big deal. Thanks for all your help
shoebox1

Return to 660 cc