Poor Idle

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Poor Idle

Postby Wailpilot » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:28 pm

The idle on my Skorpion Traveller has had a mind of its own since purchasing it 14 months ago, the previous owner did advise of the problem.

Well I put up with until yesterday 21-12-14. Whilst on a club ride the engine stayed at 4K where ever I put the twist grip, this was followed by the engine dropping to zero. What a ride home! But it did get me home. After much research of connections, vent line hoses, etc,ended up removing the tank for further investigation nothing obvious, so now what.

I checked this website, found a few similar reports, sludge in tank and/or carby bowl, so flushed both of them in situ. Still same problem. So off to the easy stuff, checked the diaphragm on the carby, all good. Next removed the top cover on the primary carby only to find the throttle shaft connecting arm screw had migrated nearly all the way out.

Resecured said screw Problem Fixed. Idle now as per info @ 1250-1300
Wailpilot

Re: Poor Idle

Postby billr » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Interesting fix to the problem. Glad you got it sorted.
Bill R
billr

Re: Poor Idle

Postby doppelganger » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:38 am

My Skorp Sport had a rough idle for a while. The engine was dying when warmed up. It turned out to be just the choke sticking due to lack of lubrication in the cable and in the carb body.
doppelganger

Return to 660 cc