How to best mount new headlights??? Mastiff/Baggy

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

How to best mount new headlights??? Mastiff/Baggy

Postby Gobsheen » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:14 am

I'm changing the lights on my Mastiff for a fresher look and maybe an extra bit of light! I've got two lights to go on but they're longer than the originals so I con't bolt straight into the mounts. I have to extend forward a bit......about 40-50mm. I'm planning to bolt a simple length of metal bar (think it might be aluminium...about 4mm think and 20mm wide...hacked up bicycle stabiliser!) to the original mounts and then the new lights about 40mm along the bar. But, will that be secure enough? I don't want them bouncing about. Anyone done anything similar or have thoughts on how to make it solid?

I've got a wiring issue with the lights but I'll post that separately.
Gobsheen

MZ Mastiff
Gobsheen

Re: How to best mount new headlights??? Mastiff/Baggy

Postby Gobsheen » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:48 am

I was surprised not to get any replies but that's life. I went ahead with the hacked stabilisers and everything seemed to work well.

Here's the result.............

Fly screen next.
Gobsheen

MZ Mastiff
Gobsheen

Postby dicgleason » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:36 am

Looks really good. 8)
dicgleason

Location: Beautiful, Downtown Queen Anne, MD. "The town so great one county couldn't hold it."

Postby tcuttter » Fri May 15, 2015 2:00 pm

I think they look superb.
And I presume a lot stronger?
You might be interested in bringing up the front mudguard (as per my pics) - I'm not saying it will look better but I prefared it on mine as I thought it didn't look right having such a big distance between the head lights and mud guard .
tcuttter

Postby Gobsheen » Fri May 15, 2015 3:31 pm

I don't know how they compare to the original tractor lights because mine had a different nose cone and lights on when I bought it. That had 2 55W bulbs in which were obviously bright but were drawing too much current so these spots have 35W (I think, or 30W?!). The light is good from them. I'm guessing a lot better than the stock lights based on what I've read on here about them!
I always liked the low mudguard on the Mastiff over the high Baggy one but you've put a doubt in my mind now! I might have to try out the high look!
Gobsheen

MZ Mastiff
Gobsheen

Return to 660 cc