fuel consumption on mz 660

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: fuel consumption on mz 660

Postby Gobsheen » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:19 am

Hi,

I can't give any advice but would love to know how you get on! I've a Mastiff with an aftermarket exhaust, and I think it could run a bit better. Things are generally good but it could be smoother and I think I'm not getting all the power from the engine. I haven't touched the carb and honestly, I wouldn't know what to do with it!

Den and Duncmac have been playing with carbs. These threads might help
http://www.mzriders.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5982
http://www.mzriders.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7822&p=41227&hilit=carbs#p41227

They're good guys to contact too.

Good luck with it!
Gobsheen

MZ Mastiff
Gobsheen

Re: fuel consumption on mz 660

Postby jaywillie2912 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:06 pm

Well I changed my primary sprocket from a 15/43 to a 16/43.

The first change I noticed was in town....bike pulled longer and stronger before needing to shift.

Now the interstate....biggest change. I was able to run 70 to 80 with no problem with the 15/43.

At 16/43 I was able to 'cruise' with 'baggers' with no strain. I decided to raise my speed to 140 k/hr. No strain or vibration at foot pegs or handle bars. Able to maintain this speed.
Decided to raise my speed to 150 k/hr with a slight vibration at the pegs and no vibration at the handle bars, still no strain. Felt able to maintain as long as needed.

Mileage remained at approximately 50 mph.

I make a 100 mile round trip approximately once a week. If I did more interstate driving or was making a road trip....I would change the rear sprocket to a 40.

Hope this helps.
jaywillie2912

Previous

Return to 660 cc