Skorpion Tour Airbox Plumbing?

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Skorpion Tour Airbox Plumbing?

Postby Dicer » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:31 pm

I have a couple of questions about the piping to the airbox on my newly acquired '96Tour.

In the first photo, there is a coiled tube which goes from the left side of the crankcase to the bottom front of the airbox. According to Graham's fiche, it's called a "bleeding tube"and it has a spring inside. I need to change it anyway because it's perished but what is it for, why is it so long and should it be coiled?

Then in the second photo, there's a rubber tube coming from the right side carb going up into a thing that looks like a PCV valve but then it has an open end. It looks like I'm missing an elbow or something to connect it to the grommet in the side of the airbox, assuming that's where it goes

Thanks for any info.
Clive in Central Florida
'96 Skorpion Tour.
Dicer

Re: Skorpion Tour Airbox Plumbing?

Postby droy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:36 am

Top picture is a crankcase overflow. Yes you can shorten or run it straight up to under the tank and use a Crankcase filter (K&N maybe) and disconnect from the air box

The carb is a vent tub also - its NOT attached to the air box.

BTW - you can remove the top of the air box (the heavy rubber piece) with no ill effect.

Doug in NJ
[b]Gang of Four
1997 Replica
1995 Sport (Converted to Tour)
1996 Sport (Café Racer Project)
1996 Tour (Track Day Project)
Montclair, NJ USA
droy

Re: Skorpion Tour Airbox Plumbing?

Postby Dicer » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:42 am

Thanks Doug. I guess it guess looked like something was missing from the air intake and the thing that looks like a PCV valve is just a filter.
Clive in Central Florida
'96 Skorpion Tour.
Dicer

Return to 660 cc