Cross reference list for parts?

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Cross reference list for parts?

Postby GTCarlos » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:33 pm

Hi All,

I'm still working out details on my new-to-me Skorpion. It's now up and running but I still have some "issues".

I had a broken Radiator Fan Switch so the fans wouldn't go on.
I have a loud popping/ backfire on run-out with the new pipe.

So...
I thought I'd seen a table on this list of replacement parts available from other sources to keep our 660s running, but I can't find it. Can anyone remind me where it is?

I found a replacement thermal switch. It's (interchangable with) a VW part for an '83-89 Golf or Jetta OR an Audi 100, 200 or Quattro. The critical elements are the M10x1 thread and the temp. range of 100-105°C I'll put the P/N on the list if I can find the list.

As to the backfire, I *think* I've eliminated air leaks at the joints. Also I've raised the needles in both carbs 1 notch. The mixture screw (on the small carb) is out 5.5 and now 7 turns. 135 jet on the left carb. Still constant and loud. I ordered new exhaust gaskets which should be here Sat. Any other tricks to try?

Thanks.

-Danny
GTCarlos

Re: Cross reference list for parts?

Postby edfmaniac » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:28 pm

The stock idle jet is too lean and the mains too fat. Try a Mikuni VM28/486 #40 in the idle circuit. It doesn't look the same as the stock jet but worked great in my bike and you can find it virtually anywhere, as opposed to the nearly impossible to find stock jets. And do try experimenting with a leaner jet on the CV carb. They are stupid easy to swap out and you will get a smile on your face when you feel the extra zip. I think these are the right ones but you will have to measure the dimensions of the one you pull out. http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carbur ... _main.html
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby GTCarlos » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:15 pm

Thanks! I'll give that jetting a try and report back.

Best,

-Danny
GTCarlos

Postby tigcraft » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:33 am

Hi Danny, I started the database but as yet it still needs more imput but I'll bump it up. Eric
ETZ250, ts150, ts250, Other toys.....Trx850...Bonneville SE...Bmw f800gt bmw Rockster ...X7...GSX250KATANA ...TL1000
tigcraft

Return to 660 cc